Cold Feet

marnie413

I couldn't find my slippers the other day so I made me a pair. My 18 year old niece says they are the ugly slippers. I think they are cute, and comfy. I don't like my feet too warm so they are just about right for me. :)

th_100_0276.jpgth_100_0278.jpg

Marnie, They are not ugly! I like them a lot. My daughter told me the other day that the pair of shoes I bought were ugly and I told her "That's great, now I know when I go looking for them they won't be on your feet". She said yeah you're right! At least you know your slippers will be where you left them!:)

I love your slippers! How cute! My daughter said something similar to me tonight, regarding what I was wearing to Thanksgiving (I really looked okay)....what is it about girls around that age, and their opinions on what we wear?? As I get older, I'm thinking more of COMFORT rather than looks! OMG I'm getting old!:lol

They look very nice and very comfy too. I've been thinking about making myself some slippers but I was wondering (for those of you who have made them before) how well do the bottoms hold up?? I was a little concerned that they would wear out quickly.

I have a pair of slippers that I made several years ago. Yes, the bottom wears out so I make another layer and fasten on - which needs to be done again now. They also stretched out so I put a pair of backless slipons inside and continue to wear them. Just can't seem to throw them away and make new ones. LOL

Thank You Everyone for all your kind words. No one in my family thinks anything I make is anything special. Thats why i come here to you guys. You always make a me feel great and i dont take what my neice says seriously she is at that age that she knows everything and you know nothing and only she has good taste lol. But she will find out someday that good old Aunt Marnies projects arent too bad.

• 2 years later...

Archived