Shelleden

Stuffed Dog crochet patterns

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a book or leaflet of crocheted (stuffed) dog patterns? I'd like to make some small toy dogs, like Yorkies, Pugs, Chihuahuas.... I don't mean the regular cartoon-y kind that's like a teddy bear or rabbit, etc. I want them to look like real dogs. I have been looking in all the craft stores, and there's nothing like this. I have found zoo animals, like monkey, lion, giraffe, but no dogs. I know I've seen patterns for cats & kittens (I wouldn't mind having that too), that looked very realistic. The kittens were in different poses, like sitting, laying, and looking playful. I can't remember where I saw it, but I wish I had bought it at the time! Thanks for any help you might have.... :D

AAAAWWWW!!! I LOVE the dachshund on that website! I SO wish someone would be able to find a crochet version of that! :manyheart (I know I wasn't helpful at all, but I just wanted to say that....) :D

The only realistic patterns for dogs I've seen are knitting ones. :(

http://www.laina-crafts.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Sirdar_Perfect_Pups_73.html

I agree, they are really cute!! No cocker spaniel though. I don't know of any patterns either, but I will keep you in mind.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate it = that's exactly what I want!! I'd rather have crochet, but I can knit..... I can probably adapt it to crochet. Bless you!!:clap

I ordered 3 of those knit patterns from that link you sent me. They are all wonderful, and the designer did such a great job on them! So realistic. I can knit just fine, but I prefer crochet.... (but I'll take what I can get & be thankful). Here's a pic of a crocheted Jack Russell I did, but I don't have it written. I just made it up as I went. It's my "Maggie". Although her face has turned white now that she's older. It used to be brown! She's 14, so that's pretty elderly for a dog. Happens to the best of us, huh!?!? :grandma She's still pretty active, playful, & in excellent health, praise the Lord! She's my BABY!!

Maggie34.jpg

This isn't a very good picture, but it'll give you an idea of what I'm wanting to do. I want to make some other small breeds of dogs (and cats). I used those animal eyes you find in craft store - they're pretty realistic. They have them for dogs, and for cats - the cat eyes look so real!

Oh my! Those patterns were soooo cute! Ok, new rule, NO SHOWING KNIT PATTERNS! It's so unfair because try as I might, I just can't do it!!!!!!!!

Ohhh, so cute!!

If you ever make a Papillon dog stuffed animal, I will totally buy one from you! :D

Ohhh, so cute!!

If you ever make a Papillon dog stuffed animal, I will totally buy one from you! :D

I'm not familiar with that breed. What does it look like? :think

I so remember wanting a puppy for Christmas so I'm going to make one for a child in need.

Thank you for sharing.

I made the TiChi dog for my daughter and she LOVES it!!! The legs look like real legs. It turned out really great. You wouldn't be disappointed if you made him

I love that pattern - I'm going to make it one of these days! I made my two Jack Russells. Maggie's face used to be brown - I made her look-alike a few years ago. She has since turned white in the face. She'll be 16 this December. In the other picture, which one is the real dog? :D

DoggieLook-alike.jpgcrocheteddogAllie.jpg