my first pair of socks

Pyogazel

I wonder why I never thought of crocheting socks before I found this forum...

For this first try I used a sport weight acrylic : not the best choice : the material is quite thick and will only fit in my (too) big boots, besides, it's starting to pill already :/

The stitch I chose is a kind of back post single crochet (the hook is inserted in the back strand of the stitch from the previous row), not the best choice either, it tends to stretch into an openwork material, which goes against its primary purpose : keep me warm...

Anyway, I'm quite satisfied with it.

Click the picture for details :)

th_ma_premire_paire2.jpg

Thank you everyone :)

@ Lavelle26, yes, that's absolutely the way I use them, to

@ RebeccaV, I don't think there are hobby lobbies in France :think

@ faithdotcalm, It's ok for me this way, I didn't want tight cufs, most of the time I roll them up and it looks tight enough that way ;) Besides, I like the "hippy" look it has :lol

Way to go! They look great... :cheer :cheer :cheer

one of these days, I'll get back on socks. I have a huge stash of great sock yarn! I have never gotten more than 1 1/2 socks done :think

Thank you Ladies :)

Way to go! They look great... :cheer :cheer :cheer

one of these days, I'll get back on socks. I have a huge stash of great sock yarn! I have never gotten more than 1 1/2 socks done :think

:lol: lol at the "one and a half"

I always struggle to go past the 1 1/2 part, so I feel you ;)

Those look great- nice and comfy for slipper socks. I'm in the middle of making my first pair of socks too- I've got one completely finished and have just started the second one. Am really hoping to get them finished soon since I always have really cold feet and since the first snow is forcasted tonight it looks like I'll need them.

Thanks Kathleen, I like the slippers you features in your blog, they look a lot of fun to make :)

The truth is I didn't really count, I just kept trying them out for fitting :lol

Thank you mel, and good luck!

LOL, I count stitches in my sleep. I'm not kidding.

Great job. The cool thing is that even though there are things you would do differently next time, you learned alot from this AND you are happy with it too. That's exactly how I felt about my first sweater (the hoodie). In retrospect, I would have done this and that (ok, the whole thing) differently, but I am at the same time absolutely THRILLED at how it came out. I love it. All in all, each trial and success makes you bolder and more creative on the next trial.

Archived