Took the Plunge into Thread with Snowflakes!!

natalie058

Oh... they came out great! :cheer

For some reason, I'm all thumbs when it comes to crocheting with thread. I can't seem to keep it all straight. I usually crochet thread & filet patterns with regular yarn. :lol Try using yarn bookmarks... not really functional! :lol

Thanks for all the great words, everyone!!

I'm really glad that I started out my thread experience with snowflakes. It's so rewarding to get one finished so quickly! Plus, I looked for the smallest flakes in the book... These are all pretty much under 3". That way, it wasn't too intimidating - only a couple rounds at a time!!

The first flake I made you can especially tell where I was having trouble adjusting my tension... I generally hold my yarn only between my first and second finger but that wasn't anywhere *near* taut enough for the thread!! Wrapping it around my finger took some getting used to, and on the 1st one I tried, you can tell that it's not symmetrical because one side is looser than the other. :blush Hopefully stiffening it will help, but if not, that one will just stay on *my* tree, LOL!!

And oh yeah! - I made these with DMC Cebelia, a size 10 thread, and a size 6 boye hook, which if I remember right is 1.8mm. That's what the book called for.

Am I the only one who can't see any pix on your blog pages? I've checked out other entry dates, too, but no photos at all. :(

Is there something I need to do to enable the photos? I don't seem to have any trouble with others' blogs/photos...:think

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of thread. :) I usually find myself going from bulky to tiny and back again (I was working on "Angoli" -- 2/23/2006 Crochet Calendar pattern -- at the same time I was finishing up the baby shower gift I made with Homespun :rock) Certainly keeps one on their toes...:devil

Am I the only one who can't see any pix on your blog pages? I've checked out other entry dates, too, but no photos at all. :(

Is there something I need to do to enable the photos? I don't seem to have any trouble with others' blogs/photos...:think

All my photos are hosted with Photobucket, so I'm not sure why you'd have a problem seeing mine and no others, since many photos here are hosted there. :think

Are you able to see them now?

th_scan0006.jpg

And a BIG thanks to everyone for all your nice comments! They're so encouraging - although, Kimberly - I'm not sure I will ever be encouraged enought for sz 80 thread!! I'd go cross-eyed using it!!

And a BIG thanks to everyone for all your nice comments! They're so encouraging - although, Kimberly - I'm not sure I will ever be encouraged enought for sz 80 thread!! I'd go cross-eyed using it!!
LOL! I agree! I know many can use it but I am already going bonkers with the size 30 I am using....decided to work my way down in size, but I fear I will go no lower than 30! But you never know - size 80 thread just might be your crochet calling in life!

Archived