Snowman Candy Jar - New Picture Added

roadrunr55

This is the first of many snowman I will be making for my relatives. I wish the colors showed up better in this picture. The yarn is burgundy/hunter green. Real pretty in person.

My apologies to those who have clicked on my picture links and they did not work. I have added a new pic.

post-2771-0-57223000-1362320630_thumb.jpg

sm2.jpg

This is the first of many snowman I will be making for my relatives. I got the pattern from Priscilla Hewitt's Snowman Cocoa Mix Jar. I just LOVE her patterns and she has lots more Christmas patterns here. I wish the colors showed up better in this picture. The yarn is burgundy/hunter green. Real pretty in person. :2snowman :2snowman :2snowman :2snowman :2snowman :2snowman :2snowman :2snowman :2snowman :2snowman

I'm making this pattern and I need to know what kind of elastic is used and what size of a piece is needed. thanks Barb

that is so cute. I went to the web site and now I want to do more of her stuff . There is some beautiful work on there and on this site . Everyday I get on line and I am so overwhelmed with all the work that you members do and how beautiful it looks.

Barb,

I got a package of "goody" "ouchless" ponytail holders from Wal-mart. They were the standard size - 1 1/2" to 2" unstretched.

I used "Lion Brand Wool Ease" yarn for the body and it was too big for the jar, so I changed to an f hook. Also, when I made the hat, it turned out way too big, so I frogged it and instead of going up to 20 sc for the last few rows, I stopped at 18. Your tension and type of yarn are probably different than mine, but just thought I'd share. :)

Archived