Seeking Submissions - New Crochet Book

indigirl

Calling all crochet fanatics! I'm looking for new and established crochet designers to present submissions for an upcoming book, due in stores in 2006. The concept is "so cool you'll want to start crocheting immediately", but I'm hoping to work with designers who want to go beyond the "too hip" basics and understand how to make the most of crocheted fabric in classic and flattering ways.

Think Chanel-style jackets. Openwork lace shrugs. Think free-form and non-linear designs. Think unusual crochet materials like straw, ribbon, twine, and paper. Think both fine gauge and super-bulky. How does the fabric change? What about drape? Texture? Fit? What about felting?

I'm looking for 20-30 designs, spanning the genres from adult garments to kids to accessories, however, I'm hoping to have a heavy emphasis on adult wearables.

If you'd like to submit an idea, send at least a written description of your concept(s) to amy@indiknits.com no later than November 22, 2005. I know, I know, this is short, but I'm only looking for a paragraph or two right now. Your description should include information about the style, stitch types used, fit, fabric, and yarn preference. A word or two about your design background and experience will also help.

I'll then work with you and ask for follow-up sketches and/or swatches if required.

Compensation? You bet! It'll likely be on a sliding scale based on project complexity. You'll also receive yarn at no cost and will have your projects returned at the end of the promotional period.

Any questions? Feel free to ask! Happy hooking!

• 2 weeks later...

I caught it earlier this week, but was a little skeptical as it is her only post. Maybe it is just me being suspisious though. I would have felt a little more secure in submitting something or point this out to others, if she had taken the time to complete her profile or make an introduction post.

Archived