my first fulled bag!!!

woolandflax

okay here is the before pic

6e83f088.jpg

This pic is pretty close to the actual color.

here is the after shot

82df7b6d.jpg

and here is one of it being blocked

d452ae92.jpg

here is a pic of the lining fabric, the flower I designed for the front and the handles.

d3592403.jpg

I can't wait till it dries and I can finish it!! I love the way it turned out and can't wait to make some more!!! i made it last night and felted it this morning, i love how fast it goes together!!

Oh and I used paton's upcountry superbulky wool in steel blue, took about 3.5 balls. It's kinda hairy but I think I like it that way, gives it lots of texture and eye appeal!!

~Rebecca

Thanks guys! I just wish it would hurry up and dry!! You'd think with today's temp being in the lower 70's!!!!:eek2 that it would be dry by now. Anyway I have a friend who's really wanting to see it cause she's never heard of felting before!!!!:eek I think I might be able to make some sales. :woohoo Oh the candles were a RAOK gift so I don't know where they were purchased for sure, but I think I've seen very similar ones at Hobby Lobby. They have a good selection on them. I'll post more pics after I have it lined and the handles on. Hopefully by tomorrow night!!:fc

~Rebecca

ohhh - I love your bag ....(I must spend too much time on here- cos I dont seem to have many things done !!!_ boo hoo)and felting a bag is waay up there on that list !- just got to do one...

Love the color,cant wait to see it all toegether!

great Job

Fiona

Okay, the lining is not in yet, and I still have to find the perfect button for the center of my flower but otherwise you can pretty much tell how it turned out. I'm also gonna add a button tab closure but it won't be visible on the outside. I'm just thrilled with it!!

8d154d3a.jpg

No, unfortunately Tiff, I didn't write down the pattern but if anyone sends me 4 balls of that same wool, I will write the pattern, full the bag and send it back to them to assemble??

~Rebecca

• 2 weeks later...

Sure Rebecca, i think it would be even prettier made from handspun wool. And I've been longing......ever so long to play with some of your handspun!!(:D! is that too subtle or just right? :bad ) hehehe.....

~Rebecca

:wowdrool :wow drool:wowdrool :wow drool:wowdrool :wow drool

:cloud9 :cloud9 :cloud9 :cloud9 :cloud9 :cloud9 :cloud9 :cloud9

:heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

:hug :cloud9 :hug :cloud9 :hug :cloud9 :hug :cloud9 :hug :cloud9

:yay2 :wowdrool :yay2 :wowdrool :yay2 :wowdrool :yay2 :wowdrool

Ohhhhhh yeah Rebecca!!!! That is a slice of heaven!!!

~Rebecca

Archived