New Afghan on "The Connors" Sofa

ReniC

It looks like after all these years a different afghan has been replaced the crochet Granny Square afghan on "The Connors"(tv program) sofa. I was so surprised. The "Rosanne" show started in 1988 and whenever there was a scene in their living room the afghan was always there. It's now in the Smithsonian right along with Archie Bunker's chair in a display close by. For all you young'uns that don't know who Archie Bunker is, it's from "All In the Family" tv program from back in the day. Now, someone please tell me the name of the square pattern or is it possibly from a loom?

Connors.jpg

20 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Ah now you are bringing back a very funny show.  I miss Archie Bunker.

This might be it?  Daisy afghan

Mary Jo: "All In the Family" reruns are on MeTV. I get it on Dish satellite and record the episodes. My GS watched an episode with me last night and enjoyed it. The one that says he doesn't like black & white TV programs. 😂 

I've been reading comments about the Vintage Daisy Afghan and most say it's loomed and from the 1970's. And possibly from a Women's Day magazine. Notice how the flower center is real puffy? I'm not looking to make the blanket, just curious about the history of it.

Edited by ReniC

That's very pretty Brenda. I never did try any looms. Years ago I bought a loom to make hats but never used it. No telling what container it's buried in. LOL

• Like 1

The Knit Wit looms were my moms and from the 70's.  I never used them but did make pom poms using the Doodle Looms from then.   I got my Knifty Knitter looms maybe around 2000.  I use the hat one a lot-----loomed over 50 hats this past winter for shelter.