Stitch help

Ele13

Question

I have a sirdar 3005 cardigans and sweater crochet pattern. I am stuck on a stitch it’s called cable 3 there is a written description but I still can’t understand that lol I have searched online for the stitch but can’t find it. Wondering if anyone would be able to help me I would really appreciate it 

E7948D9E-2865-47E1-96DF-0B56A9523738.jpeg

Edited by Ele13
I have added a picture the pink highlighted is the stitch I’m having trouble with

3 answers to this question

The stitch combination named cable 3 is most likely unique to that pattern and may not be found in any other pattern or cable 3 might be completely different in another pattern.  That is why they give a description of it in the pattern.  You can try to contact the designer for clarification.  Not having the pattern we would need the instructions given for cable 3 in your pattern in order to help I found a YouTube videos on cables 3 in regards to a hat pattern.

Edited by bgs
  • Thanks 1

I concur with Bgs, if I was a designer I could 'invent' a combination of different stitches into a cluster that worked with my pattern and clearly define that combination as  the 'Fido cluster' after my dog, and you would never find that stitch name anywhere but my pattern.  Not that you should never seek guidance on youtube or elsewhere for a pattern technique, but you are not going to be able to successfully Google everything.  And just to make things more complicated, some stitches have multiple names, and different stitches can have the same name.

I am going to make an educated guess that the RDTtog means 'right leaning double treble cluster' because cables typically are about stitches that lean left or right (as you can see on the video link that Bgs gave above).  And since the pattern gave that 'working abbreviation' section for groups of stitches like "cable3", that it (hopefully) somewhere also has a 'stitch definition' section that defines RDTtog and possible LDTtog (left leaning).