New here-

anna54

Hello~ I’m new here but have been trying to crochet for couple years~ I don’t seem to get any better~ I lost my family and most of the time  I am alone with one cat Bob, I crochet alot of different projects but lose interest easy. Today too blue to think ~ I am 66 years old and feeling lost older and tired~
any way thank you for listening ~
I can’t seem to count either ~

1. dc in skipped st ???   
2. too small shawl

3. stars for a wrap~ can’t see as I go

thank you!! 

8D9308AB-3375-4E49-BC18-BB2AD0E8A1AA.jpeg

E8670FE2-078B-488F-A29B-317EBC8FAF95.jpeg

CEF0333B-778E-4D49-8489-00F61B328911.jpeg

Hello from Mississippi! Grief and sadness can be hard to work thru and can take longer than you would like it to. Crocheting is definitely a distraction for me. Sometimes I can work on larger, more complicated projects and sometimes I just need to stick to dishcloths or potholders. Nothing wrong with having several projects going for different moods. Sometimes it helps to get out of the house and enjoy some fresh air, to focus on what's possible in the present and let the past go. This is a great group of listeners.

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

Crocheting helps with working thru feelings.  We all have our moments and we usually all have at least two projects going.  We are here with a shoulder and a ear for listening.  Hang in there, we are here if needed.

12 hours ago, anna54 said:

Hello~ I’m new here but have been trying to crochet for couple years~ I don’t seem to get any better~ I lost my family and most of the time  I am alone with one cat Bob, I crochet alot of different projects but lose interest easy. Today too blue to think ~ I am 66 years old and feeling lost older and tired~
any way thank you for listening ~
I can’t seem to count either ~

1. dc in skipped st ???   
2. too small shawl

3. stars for a wrap~ can’t see as I go

thank you!! 

Hi Anna,

I also work on different projects depending on how I am feeling that particular day, nothing wrong with that.  That shawl is lovely by the way.

I am sorry you are going through this.  This is a great group and I hope we can help fill a part of your day with a smile.

Do you have a local library close to you?  I find the libraries here are a helpful resource for loneliness because they usually have different groups meeting up weekly for various reasons.  My library has a crochet/knitting group that meets twice weekly for a couple hours.  It is a great way to get out of the house and meet new people who have something in common with you.  They might even have groups to help work through your grief.

Sport facilities are also a good option if you are mobile and it isn't too expensive.  They usually offer swimming, exercise classes, walking groups and other activities.

Volunteering is another good way to meet people and get out of the house for awhile.

Nature helps to heal, whether sitting on a park bench and watching the birds or take a walk around a park. 

• Like 1

Welcome from the Philadelphia suburbs.

Crochet, for me at least, is as much about the journey as it is about the destination.  Don't worry about getting better at it, just enjoy the journey, the process.  For me at least it can be very therapeutic.

This is a great group.  Hopefully we'll help your journey thru grief (and crochet, lol).

You got this!  👍

• Like 1