Mile-a-minute loop and lace

Stitchinpick

Question

On the other thread about joining strips, we have discussed a method of joining Mile-A-Minute strips called "loop and lace" (or something like that). Where you do chain loops all around it and then braid the loops of two strips together to the end... Sounds interesting. Calico thinks she learned it on an old video from Annie's Attic.

Does anyone know a Mile-A-Minute Book that teaches this?

What is your favorite Mile-A- Minute? I have not done one before and have developed an interest during this discussion. I heard they have other clever joining methods as well.

6 answers to this question

I really like to do mile a minutes. I have done 3 of them so far and have purchased about a gazillion patterns for them for the future. I even purchased the mam tablerunner and placemat book today. I am really interested in this thread as I would like a faster, nicer looking joining method. I have single crocheted the first three after having no luck with the whipstitch methods. It is ok but there has to be something better than what I am doing....

Yes the Mile a Min is a Annies Afgan book. I got mine from them years ago. So not sure they still carry it. I Love doing the Mile a Min strip afghans. As they are so much easier to carry around when taking a project with you. Or even just to set aside while you have to answer the phone or something. Seems that always happens to me. I foget to get the phone and set beside me and as soon as my lap is full..........ring.......LOL. And for a tip in making those strips, double, triple count your rows. Because of not you will end up with a very crooked afghan after you get it all together. And thats no fun to see all your hard work looking like that. Trust me I learned the hard way. Happy Stitching.

I could watch the video again and post the directions here, can't I? Without violating any copyright laws or anything? Its really very easy, but I don't want to give directions off the top of my head. And there ARE a couple of different ways to do this. Its SOOO easy.,..making chain loops up and down the sides of all your MAM strips...then merely interweaving the strips; braiding them, but THRU each loop (pull one loop thru the other, and so on). Get to the bottom...and tie the last 2 loops together with a tassel! I love this method! And with a DOUBLE row of loops on each side, after you're done interweaving all of THEM, you almost have another strip between the two you've just put together! So there are lots of options..........

I'll try to post this weekend with directions if you all think its ok to do so.

Carol:)

I just received my loop and lace patterns. It looks pretty simple when you see the pics. I got mine off of Ebay for 2.00 apiece. If you are interested in this method, I would highly recommend the booklets! I would be interested in other ways to join the strips if anyone has any ideas!

Archived