Specific pattern

Sheila S

Question

2 answers to this question

It looks like someone made it up using Sugar & Cream cotton and a doily pattern for the front and a basic circle for the back. They stitched them together with ch loops, then put shell stitches in the loops. If you can't find the pattern, you could do that. Just search doily patterns, I'm sure one with that as a center will come up. I've done coasters and potholders that way. Good luck. 

Ellie 13

I agree with Ellie 13.  I'm assuming the order the pieces were made, as it's probably easier to size a solid circle to match a doily size exactly, than vice versa.  The red part was made first, then the solid center white part, which then connected around the edge loops of the red part, and the white continued on for the border.  .

Unfortunately no one can give you a photocopy of their published pattern without violating copyright laws and the rules of this forum; they could give or sell you the original magazine, but not a copy.  There are probably some vintage doily patterns out of copyright on https://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/html/warm/crochet.htm on the internet that are similar; you'd have to pick a small one, to allow for the difference of doily thread to kitchen cotton.  

Edited by Granny Square