what stitch is this?

elauthier

Question

5B02C648-0089-483D-84A9-CC5F979B762C.thumb.jpeg.45897a12bbc14ed5189bf55dc328aee6.jpeghow would this be achieved? what stitch would it be? 

specifically the top, the tip of the triangle. i’m trying to achieve this but the usual bra cup method won’t work (3st at top of triangle)..A853E069-FB27-4740-8C8D-FC80EAAB6E4E.thumb.png.4fe50045076b99911e21f6f0e2b0ea12.png

Edited by elauthier

7 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, bgs said:

thank you! the first link you sent: i know how to do that but i particularly am trying to figure out how to do the last two as the first one, if you can see has a little fold and doesn’t sit perfectly flat against the body.. the last two have that perfect triangle sharp edge and sit nice… that’s what i’m trying to figure out how to do :)

15 hours ago, elauthier said:

thank you! the first link you sent: i know how to do that but i particularly am trying to figure out how to do the last two as the first one, if you can see has a little fold and doesn’t sit perfectly flat against the body.. the last two have that perfect triangle sharp edge and sit nice… that’s what i’m trying to figure out how to do :)

Do you mean the ridge from blo sc?

blo=backloop only

not sure if slip stitches are used in the corners. 

Tunisian knit stitch, and also the crochet waistcoat stitch, are possible but unlikely IMO - both make a thick, stiff fabric more appropriate for pot holders than garments.  Even plain SC is much thicker (and stiffer) than plain knit stockinette stitch using the same yarn and same size hook and needles.