2023 Stashbusting CAL

2023 Stashbusting CAL

This is a continuation of last year's game. With the start of the new year, you get to start with ZERO for your point score. If you want, keep your 2022 score in your signature to remind you to "Do Better".

General Rules:

• Please include your Stashbusting score in your signature. Example: WTD=+5 YTD=+27.
  • Please post your scores by Midnight on Saturday, so that the scorekeeper can pick them up. Shortly after that, the scorekeeper will be tallying the scores and posting them on Sunday.
  • Please make your score easy to be seen. Large numbers and pretty colors really help.

Example:   WTD=+7 YTD=-9  (WTD = week to date and YTD = Year to date)

Weekly Scores

• First (gold), second (silver) and third (bronze) will be noted on the scorekeeping list on Sunday, along with all the other scores.
  • If you have the largest total in receiving yarn and not using it up, it is called the "Shoot the Moon" award.
  • The "Shoot the Moon" winner from the previous week will be responsible for posting the scores the following week.
  • NOTE: If the "Shoot the Moon" winner is not available to post the scores, please contact me--greyhoundgrandma--as early as possible so that scores can be posted in a timely manner.
  • The scorekeeper should post by 2 pm Eastern Time on Sunday. If it will be posted at another time, due to work, church, etc., please notify the group so that they will know when to expect their scores.

Scorekeeping

Positive Points

• For every skein of yarn you use up completely, you get two (2) points. (A skein of yarn is a brand new bundle that you have bought at a store or its equivalent. If you roll it into smaller cakes or balls, it will still count as two (2) points total when you use them completely.)
  • For every skein of yarn that you roll into a ball, you get one (1) point.
  • For every ball of yarn you use up, you get one (1) point.

Points can be earned by crocheting, knitting, crafting or donations.

Negative Points

• For every skein of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose two (2) points.
  • For every ball of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose one (1) point.

This is an on-going CAL. Feel free to join at any time!

When you start playing with us for the first time, you DON'T COUNT what's in your stash. For many of us, that would be impossible. You get points when you use up what's in your stash or lose points when you add to your stash.

You will post your first scores on January 7th, and the first list of scores will be posted on January 8th for the week ending on January 7th.

If you have any questions just post them to the thread.

Good luck with your STASHBUSTING!

I haven’t used up any skeins this week.  I may be buying more soon, though, as I finally think I’ve found an adorable crochet baby blanket pattern for my great niece’s upcoming arrival.

Say, since I Shot the Moon last week, do I need to do the totals this week?  I’m assuming?

WTD = 0

2 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I haven’t used up any skeins this week.  I may be buying more soon, though, as I finally think I’ve found an adorable crochet baby blanket pattern for my great niece’s upcoming arrival.

Say, since I Shot the Moon last week, do I need to do the totals this week?  I’m assuming?

WTD = 0

Fresh year/new start. I'll do them.

• Like 1

I finished another minion and 15 heart pins. I used 2 balls (+ 2) :yay  . A good way to start the new year. A friend wants me to make a teddy bear, but I don't need to have it done until May. I sorted my :yarn into boxes so it stacks up and takes up less space. I might give some away. 

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 2

Ellie 13

• Like 1

I've got arms, eyes, shoes and 1/3 of the body for another minion done. I can finish it tomorrow and get some points. If I do nothing but :crocheting tonight, Sat. and Sun. I could have 3 done by Mon. 

WTD: 0  YTD: + 2

Ellie 13