Crochet help

Claudia fountain

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Claudia, that's a pretty mysterious instruction - '6 sc leg' is not a standard 'thing' but something specific to this pattern only.

It is a good idea to read through a pattern before starting, to make sure everything makes sense to you before you start working a pattern.

A well written pattern should have a section that defines 'special stitches' or terms unique to the pattern.  This is usually before a pattern starts, but sometimes could be at the end of the pattern, or in a special chapter if a pattern is in a book or magazine.  So there should be a spot that defines what a '6 sc leg' is.  It sort of leads one to think there might be (example) a leg with more stitches (like a kangaroo has little forelegs but big hind legs for example.)

Is this pattern on the internet, or at least a photo of the end item?  It might help us suggest what might have been meant.

Ah, interesting--I've yet to try waistcoat stitch since I knit for real, I didn't see the point--knowing how it's made I know it would make a much thicker stitch than 'real' stockinette (Tunisian knit stitch is quite thick as well).  It has a few names .

(plus, it has a skew like crochet in the round that stockinette does not).

Although doing it center-out in the round is something that never occurred to me, it would probably make a reasonably thick potholder; real knit center-out is a pain in the posterior at the start...hmm.

Edited by Granny Square