Tiny Christmas Tree Ornament (thread)

Granny Square

This is not my pattern, but one I just ran across looking to make a tree ornament for my neighbor, that is a little tree; my neighbor puts up a tree but I wanted something more on the generic/secular side (not a bell or angel for example). 

I already have a pattern (in thread, about 3" tall) by the same name (it's on Freepatterns.com) but I thought I'd keep looking, and found this one - this has to be about the cutest thing I've ever seen. 

Edit - I assumed this was in thread because of the size of the hook given at the top of the materials list, (1.25mm which is a US size 9 steel hook, a tad smaller than I usually use  with Size 10 thread).  Upon a closer look at the pattern photo it seems to be in done in yarn not thread, this would still be adorable either way.

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

This is not my pattern, but one I just ran across looking to make a tree ornament for my neighbor, that is a little tree; she puts up a tree but I wanted something more on the generic/secular side (not a bell or angel for example). 

I already have a pattern (in thread, about 3" tall) by the same name (it's on Freepatterns.com) but I thought I'd keep looking, and found this one - this has to be about the cutest thing I've ever seen.  For the non-threadies out there I'm sure this would still be adorable in heavier yarn.

That is very cute. Lots of stitches though for such a small project. I may have to make this anyway if I have all the colors. Thank you for the link.

50 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

This is not my pattern, but one I just ran across looking to make a tree ornament for my neighbor, that is a little tree; she puts up a tree but I wanted something more on the generic/secular side (not a bell or angel for example). 

I already have a pattern (in thread, about 3" tall) by the same name (it's on Freepatterns.com) but I thought I'd keep looking, and found this one - this has to be about the cutest thing I've ever seen.  For the non-threadies out there I'm sure this would still be adorable in heavier yarn.

Thanks for sharing.  I was just browsing snowflake patterns. A sil hosting gift. 🙂

This is (sort of a) hostess gift too - neighbor and I both worked in Silicon Valley back in the day (didn't know each other then), but she also catered on the side.  Then we ended up both retiring and moving to Oregon, she came several years later but we ended up next door to each other.  She's brings edibles over now and then, and brought a plate of treats over yesterday.