Crochet Funk

LoveCrochetKingdom

Question

Good evening everyone hope everyone is safe and warm during the upcoming holidays. I want to ask what do you do when youre in a funk? I haven't crochet in over 6 months. I have no inspiration, no motivation, no energy 😞. I love to crochet it's my happy place, but lately I haven't been able to pick up the needle. What can I do? 

Happy Holiday and thank you 

12 answers to this question

I think most of us go through this once in a while. In the meantime, when this happens, I love looking through all the online patterns and store them and photos. Oh, don't get me started about photos such as Pinterest, Facebook, Ravelry, websites, etc. I also work on my other arts and crafts; painting, beading, making wreaths and so on. Reading is my other passion. It's like my Calgon- it's takes me away. LOL! Then Poof! I'll come across a crochet pattern, and I have to make it! Hope we've helped you out some.

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

I tend to do small things, easily finished so it isn't hanging over me.  I've been known to make dishcloths to practice new stitches or patterns that I don't normally make.  I'll make small easy to finish amis. 

When I'm working on my doll donation I'll tend to go to different places depending on my mood.  I'll go to my easiest doll patterns that are no fail simple to get done and put outfits in the donation bags.  The other end is I'll seek something out that interests me that I've never done before and is different from what I normally make.  This year I tried a Harry Potter themed outfit during one of those phases.  It didn't have a great purpose other than it suited my interests in trying something different.

• Like 2

Thank you so much. It's been really hard picking up a needle lately 😕. In going to take your advice and start to make myself a blanket. I have about 2400 g of Bernat Blanket O'Go might as well put them to good use like cuddly me 😆 thank you so much. I love this forum. 

Christmas is coming (if you celebrate), maybe a tree decoration or stocking?  Link to Garnstudio Crochet Christmas Patterns for example.   Some items are sort of generic so not just for the holidays, but like Bailey4 said a small thing might get you out of your funk.  Sometimes I make a small flat thing (like a snowflake, or that flat Christmas tree), add a thread hanger and put it into a Christmas greeting card for people I haven't seen in a long time.  

Edited by Granny Square

Very nice blanket.  Sometimes that is all it takes is to make something for no one but yourself.

I usually do small things or just look at patterns to get inspired.  When that doesn't work, I pick up a book.

• Thanks 1

Actually the members of this forum have been a constant source of inspiration and motivation for me.  I like to crochet to help others eg mini stockings for Warmth for Warriors, prayer shawls, and doll clothes for a project Bailey4 is involved with.  I really love the doll clothes. We have a section here so we can share photos of what we get done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Omg, thank you so much for all the words of encouragement and understanding. It's really hard to talk yarn in my house since I'm the only one that's crochet. I made myself a blanket and can't get over how much I love it. (first one ever) There are a couple of colors, but I feel they all "blend". Thank you so much. Happy Holiday and I hope everyone stays safe

PXL_20221202_040011950~2.jpg

• Like 1