Seeking cardigan pattern

KatKrochets

Question

2 answers to this question

Pinterest is problematic copyright-wise which may be why the link was taken down.  I can describe how you could reconstruct the sleeve shape to fit you, and will, but even if I'd downloaded it to a PDF or printed it out (which I haven't), it would violate the terms of this forum, and US copyright law, to provide a copy. 

This is a drop sleeve which is just a 4 sided shape, like \_/ (imagine a 4th side across the top).  Like a T-shirt, the sleeve 'seam' is not at the top of the shoulder, but a bit farther down the arm.

This is for knitting, but this doesn't matter for cardigan shapes -- here is a diagram which describes how you can design a sleeve yourself.  Or if you have a drop sleeve item in your closet already, lay it out flat and measure, and draw a small sketch like in the link.

Or here is a search on free crochet adult size drop sleeve cardigans on Ravelry.  You will need to modify the search terms for the weight of yarn you are using (looks like US medium but I didn't want to guess).  You should be able to 'borrow' a sleeve from one of these, pick one that is in the same stitch (example, if your pattern is DC based, pick one with sleeves in DC not SC or something else).  Use it for the stitch counts but not necessarily the stitch pattern, if that makes sense.

Nice choice, that would be my next work! I liked the idea. However as a beginner, I can say that this pattern is a little bit complicated for me, so if you lack experience as I have you can follow the link where you can find out How to Crochet a simple Cardigan pattern. Also, studies have shown that crocheting and knitting can reduce your levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, and increase the levels of dopamine and serotonin, the happiness hormones. By reducing stress, your body will relax, your heart rate will decrease, and you'll feel better.

Edited by miyamorfus
  • Like 1