Poncho -HELP ME NAME IT-----NAME PICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kahud48

Thanks you all. I am going to wait one more week and see what other names come in. I think I have already got my answer though. You guys have been a really big help. :hug

P.S. It was suppose to be this: :rofl Have to laugh because you will never guess what it was suppose to be. Check it out: http://emeraldmooncreations.tripod.com/id15.html The very first one at the top, the 4/5 in yellow :rofl

When I got finished, it looked more like a sexy cute thingie for a young woman :rofl.

There is one name standing out the most, be it for an adult, or be it for a child. Thanks all, I do appreciate all the great names to choice from.

yours is prettier

• 3 weeks later...

Although I like whoever suggested 'Posh Pink' I must add my concerns to the naming of this 'Poncho Sweater' as Emeraldmoon calls the original pattern, which you state you used. Now, Kathy, you know I like you very much & think you are an excellent crocheter/designer......I don't think it is right or legal to change the name of another crocheter/designer's copyright & shared pattern. Although her pattern is for a child & your's is for a young woman, as you state, it is still the same pattern whether enlarged or not. What makes your's so different that you feel you can rename it? Just as another said Emeraldmoon said she couldn't add flowers, I doubt she would want someone to rename her patterns. Just my two cents on the subject. Please don't be offended. If I were you, I would ask Emeraldmoon what her opinion is on the renaming.

i don't think she is saying that at all cheryl, i don't see anywhere where kathy is saying is her own design. she states it is emerald moons, she was just asking what we thought about it. why would you assume that she is trying to claim it as her own. lots of people call things different names than the designer. she was not selling the pattern nor giving it away. she was making a joke, i think your wrong here.:(

Kathy stated where she got the pattern from, giving the designer credit for the design. She is simply looking for something to call her sweater, what is wrong with that? She isn't stealing the idea or sweater from the designer...simply giving the sweater she made a name more creative. I think we know Kathy enough to know she just isn't the type to do that.

Just my two cents

Donna

Well, I was in the middle of typing a reply to the OTHER thread where this was being discussed and the entire thread got deleted before I had the opportunity to finish. I wanted to suggest that in the future, calling someone out for stealing someone elses idea should be done in private because if, as in this case, it turns out to be an unfounded accusation, the original poster can clarify by his/herself and the accuser won't get flamed for the misunderstanding. Unless everyone wants this thread to also be deleted, I suggest we call it what it is - A HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING - and leave the subject alone.

Thank you, and yes, you are right, this thread speaks for itself,

And I appreciate all the post that you guys put here to help me clarify that fact. Thank You.

And I would like this thread to stay as well---and stay as it was meant to be---just making fun at myself---my goof up.

Now, maybe it can.

Well, I was in the middle of typing a reply to the OTHER thread where this was being discussed and the entire thread got deleted before I had the opportunity to finish. I wanted to suggest that in the future, calling someone out for stealing someone elses idea should be done in private because if, as in this case, it turns out to be an unfounded accusation, the original poster can clarify by his/herself and the accuser won't get flamed for the misunderstanding. Unless everyone wants this thread to also be deleted, I suggest we call it what it is - A HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING - and leave the subject alone.

First of all, let me clarify, I was not accusing Kathy of stealing someone else's design nor of her claiming it as her own. I simply gave my opinion of renaming someone else's design. am aware she stated where she got the pattern & whose design she used. I just think renaming an item is something that should be asked of the designer. That is all.

Kathy, I apologize if what I was trying to say was misunderstood. I was not accusing you of any illegal activity. You are a great crocheter & designer and I would never do anything like that. I have great respect for you. I hope you know me well enough by now to know that. I would have thought others here would have known me well enough by now to know I wouldn't do that either, especially publically.

I'm sorry I offended anyone and that I didn't state my views more carefully. I was just giving my opinon.

Well, if she's just going to use it privately I don't think it matters what she calls it. And as long as she still (which she did) names the original source of the pattern, I don't think it's a problem if she were going to name her item her pink bubbleicious-gum-drop-sweater-top or whatever, even though it's on a forum. It's just for fun. ;)

I thank you for your apology, and yes, it did come accross that way. I did talk to emeraldmoon, before I even made this piece here, and was given permission to make and sell them (her patterns)---per her request being to acknowlege the designer with the ones that I make and sell. Just e-mail, or PM this type of concern next time instead of posting it on a thread would probably be best, and it will not be out here like this for all to get worked up over.

First of all, let me clarify, I was not accusing Kathy of stealing someone else's design nor of her claiming it as her own. I simply gave my opinion of renaming someone else's design. am aware she stated where she got the pattern & whose design she used. I just think renaming an item is something that should be asked of the designer. That is all.

Kathy, I apologize if what I was trying to say was misunderstood. I was not accusing you of any illegal activity. You are a great crocheter & designer and I would never do anything like that. I have great respect for you. I hope you know me well enough by now to know that. I would have thought others here would have known me well enough by now to know I wouldn't do that either, especially publically.

I'm sorry I offended anyone and that I didn't state my views more carefully. I was just giving my opinon.

Well, just to up-date all of you guys out there that throwed a few names my way for this critter (I decided that this one--poncho sweeter--did deserve to have a name after it found a home).

A friend of mine saw it, and the first words out of her mouth was, "ahhhh that is so 'cotton candy cute', can I have it?

LOL, so there you have it. She got the toddler (adult sexy looking) poncho sweeter :lol.

And she calls it her

'Cotton Candy Cutie'

She would have to stand up twice to make a shadow and the arms were a bit small for anyone else----fit her just perfect----glad it found a home and I did not have to frog it and start over :P.

Thanks Guys

Archived