New forum

Donna

Okey dokey, here's a little place for us to talk about freeform crochet. I'm dying to try this, but I haven't yet. I have visions of a very cool freeform wall-hanging for my living room. :)h

Why does something like "freeform" strike such terror in my heart!!:rip

I want to be liberated enough to dive right in to this, but am so intemidated by some of the most awesome creations I've seen under this title-- I scared:eek

Maybe with this forum and the inspiration that is sure to flow from it, I will overcome my fears :help and actually swim!!

Let us hope:fc

~ DAWN

gettting over the hurdle of thinking your doing something wrong is most of the battle. picking colors that mix well is also a strugle sometimes. try a one color scrumble. my one color scrumble is one of my favorites. Just go for it is my suggestion, if you dont like it rip it out.

I have pics on my website if anyone wants to take a look.

www.marloscrochetcorner.c...eform.html

marlo

www.marloscrochetcorner.com

I really love your free form stuff Marlo!

And I'm so glad that we have this new forum. I can't wait to see what this group comes up with! :artist

thanks for the kind comments about my freeform work. It is so much fun.

I have learned thought that if you believe in the art then stand firm. A friend told me she thought my freeform piece that I have on my wall looked like my yarn threw up!!! :blah:blah:blah Her comment was offensive but it is her loss not mine. The piece still hangs on the wall and I get constant comments on how beautiful it is also.

marlo

www.marloscrochetcorner.com

that girl blog

www.marloscrochetcorner.c....php?cat=1

Marlo, your stuff is really beautiful!! I love the purses you did, that's kinda what I want to do with mine also.

Guys I will post a pic tomorrow, hubby took the camera to work tonite and I have to FIND my freeform piece before I can take it's picture!! :camera lol

~Rebecca

• 1 month later...

You've got to be kidding! I'm in awe of your work. I have your site bookmarked as a favorite. I'm working on a freeform purse now and I frequently visit your site (and some others) for inspiration. I think freeform is like olives...you love it or you hate it. I don't really get those people who hate olives either. ;)

Archived