Unsure of pattern instructions

CrazyPumpkin73

Question

4 answers to this question

Well, not sure where your problem is, but here goes.

you will dc  then dc then dc 2 stitches togther 9 times.  when you get to the end, you will drop this color and pick up the second color (B) chain 8, then skip 24 stitches.  You will then dc till you get to the first dc of this round

Does this help?  If not, I am sure someone will come along to help better.

Pattern is UK 

Round 19 (2dc, dc2tog) 9 times, change to Yarn B (leave Yarn A inside the work to crochet the Body later), ch8, skip 24 sts, dc in first st of round. [27 sts, 1 ch-8 sp]

In cases like this I have learned to break the instructions down into small steps and just do it. Dont think about it. Many times it works out and you learn a new technique.  

Do the (2dc, dc2tog) 9 times

join yarn color B, do not cut yarn color A as you are going to come back and continue from here to make the body

ch 8, its going to look funny

skip the next 24 stitches

dc in first stitch of round, yes its going to look weird maybe sort of like a figure 8, or distorted figure 8.

Now you are going to work next rounds in this circle making decreases to finish off head.

Then you go back and work the body.

8 hours ago, bgs said:

Pattern is UK 

Round 19 (2dc, dc2tog) 9 times, change to Yarn B (leave Yarn A inside the work to crochet the Body later), ch8, skip 24 sts, dc in first st of round. [27 sts, 1 ch-8 sp]

In cases like this I have learned to break the instructions down into small steps and just do it. Dont think about it. Many times it works out and you learn a new technique.  

Do the (2dc, dc2tog) 9 times

join yarn color B, do not cut yarn color A as you are going to come back and continue from here to make the body

ch 8, its going to look funny

skip the next 24 stitches

dc in first stitch of round, yes its going to look weird maybe sort of like a figure 8, or distorted figure 8.

Now you are going to work next rounds in this circle making decreases to finish off head.

Then you go back and work the body.

Ah yes I understand now thank you, I think I was worrying because it was all distorted to look at but now I think I see what I have to do, I’ve done most of the round but got stuck after I chained 8. Thank you so much! 

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Well, not sure where your problem is, but here goes.

you will dc  then dc then dc 2 stitches togther 9 times.  when you get to the end, you will drop this color and pick up the second color (B) chain 8, then skip 24 stitches.  You will then dc till you get to the first dc of this round

Does this help?  If not, I am sure someone will come along to help better.

Thank you this really helped!