Huntsville, AL Fastest Crocheter

Amy

The Michael's in Huntsville, AL sponsored a 5-hour yarn event today. They had a contest for fastest crocheter and fastest knitter. I won the fastest crocheter contest with 56 double crochets in 3 minutes. My 12-year-old daughter came in second place with 52! So we're going to share the yarns we won in our prize basket. Here's a list of what I won:

Caron Simply Soft 7 oz. in Orchid

Caron Simply Soft 7 oz. in Sage

Homespun in Williamsburg

Homespun in Waterfall (already claimed by my daughter)

Patons Divine in Floral Fantasy

Patons Divine in Icicle White

Royal Size 3 crochet thread in Warm Teal

E, J, K, and N Boye crochet hooks

99 Granny Squares to Crochet book by Leisure Arts

Toasty Tootsies Two Hour Foot Warmers booklet by The Needlecraft Shop

All packaged in a beautiful white basket a pretty painted picture of pine cones and holly on the front.

It was a lot of fun, but I'm definitely faster when I'm crocheting at home than when I'm being watched by a ton of people!!!

Right on!!! 56 double crochets in 3 minutes? No way could I have done that, lol! You go! What a nice basket you won too, congrats on winning. :yay I'm also happy your Michaels did the contest, was there a lot of people?

Well, I'll let everyone in on a little secret. There really wasn't much competition at Michael's today. After I did my sample, we had to run across to Wal-Mart so my son could buy a Game Boy game. We got back, and I was told one lady had wanted to compete, but she couldn't remember how to do a double crochet. One other lady competed, and got about 39 or so dcs. Then the store's crochet instructor did a swatch, and got 46 or 48 or something dcs, but she was working with a sore thumb. I got 56 and my daughter got 52.

Oh, while I was there a lady was working on a beautiful pair of knitted socks on tiny, tiny needles. I would love to be able to knit well enough to do that someday!

Archived