Stash busted by spouse

Lowrancer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking at the 2005 date on this original post and wondering...whatever happened and was the stash rebuilt? Just reading that post gave me chills and I felt the need to remind my husband that if he so much as breathed in the direction of my bins that retribution would be swift!

I was just looking at the 2005 date on this original post and wondering...whatever happened and was the stash rebuilt? Just reading that post gave me chills and I felt the need to remind my husband that if he so much as breathed in the direction of my bins that retribution would be swift!

I was wondering that too... I really have to wonder if the original poster and his wife are still together. You can't really judge a couple by one story, but that one story was a doozy! :eek My husband and I would never once think of just getting rid of the other's things like that. Yes, that was a TON of yarn (quite possibly literally! :lol ) and probably was taking up an insane amount of room in the house, but still...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

well sorry for the long absence but....

I have started a new business, moved to an apartment (and **** these things are small),wife and i are still together.....and ive been stockpiling size 100 (takes up less room)

:cry:yell:out:2nono:2nono:2nonoI would be a "puddle" if I found my stash given away like that and in our house the rule is that it is a definate "no-no" to toss or get rid of what is not yours without permission first!!!

i wouldn't reccommend anyone touching my stash, much less donating any of it without asking me.. they would only hope that their worst problem was that certain parts of their bodies were infested with the fleas of a thousand camels, and that their arms were too short to scratch.... or hope that i couldn't find a colony of rabid fire ants to toss in their beds...

Oh no:eek, She took your yarn away.........I would have told her how would you feel If I did something like that to you?

I have enjoyed reading this thread, lol lotta laughs:haha here My husband would never do that to me:no. He loves shopping yarn with me and will make suggestions on colors, or he'll pick up a skein of yarn and say you ought to use this color and etc.. I have my yarn in about 30-40 bins and about 20 boxes. I do need more bins, getting rid of boxes. anyways ... and some in ready bags, and I also have 2 project in the living room with me by my rocking chair. I've done good this year on not buying yarn, I have so much of it. I think for this year I've only bought 20 skines, thats because I didn't have the colors I needed. Then after Bricens summer blanket I am making another baby blanket with the new yarn thats out the Earth and sky. So before this year is over I've only bought about 30 skeins of yarn. I've done good this year.:D

I sure sit down with your wife and have a real nice long talk. You have your hobby, and I :hookhave my hobby.

hang in there and do go buy more yarn:manyheart.....

Wow ~ my estranged hubby has done a lot of rotten things but never threw out any of my craft items. He'd holler for me to get them out of his way, or have them put away before he came home from work, but he never tossed any of it.

Even knowing that it happened that long ago didn't help any when it came to the feeling of anger I had when I read what happened to you!

It showed a total lack of respect for you on her part! What I would have done is when her new furniture arrived, I would have donated it to a church to make room for the new yarn stash I was going to be buying to replace what she donated. Two can play at that game.

Elle

Well I have been married almost 30 years and what can I say stuff happens!!! Not worth fighting but don't get me wrong I would be upset bigtime, and I would have said something about it being messed up and you better hide your fishing gear!LOL I better behave myself , I would keep in the back of my mind the yarn went for a wonderful cause and I am sure the needy would benefit - vs- it sitting in containers.

That was horrible. DH learned a liong time ago to not "lose" anything of mine! I always replaced it with something more expensive. As for your wife... tell her to get a donation reciept for $10,000 and in the meantime tell you'll be replacing it soon. But I wouldn't keep it in the livingroom again. my 12 18-gal + totes are in the attic. granted a semi-finshed attic, but out of hubby's site nonetheless!

:cheerMaybe she is planning on buying you more stuff for Christmas or your next birthday.:cheer

The ultimate revenge though, would be to go out and buy a Wool Shop. That is what I did when my husband got fed up with all my wool hanging about the house.

Cost a lot but it stopped him moaning and gave me lots to do every day and I could caress my stash all day.

It is now 13 years since I sold the shop so now my spare room is chocka block with wool again.

No kids at home now so it is not such a problem.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

PS, I have not read the wole thread because it is too long but it looks very entertaining.

i wouldn't reccommend anyone touching my stash, much less donating any of it without asking me.. they would only hope that their worst problem was that certain parts of their bodies were infested with the fleas of a thousand camels, and that their arms were too short to scratch.... or hope that i couldn't find a colony of rabid fire ants to toss in their beds...

:rofl, goodness that is mighty strong stash guarding, :lol

:yell :yell :yell :yell :yell NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:cry :cry :cry Sorry to hear about your loss

For future protection, this might help:

http://www.knittersreview.com/article_yarn.asp?article=/review/profile/040108_a.asp

That's just terrible!

:manyheart

OMG!!!! My husband would be so dead if he did that. It's so funny that you have yarn stashed in your truck...I have 2 tubs and 2 garbage bags full in the van. It's all packed in the back nice and neat and since he never drives my van he will never find it (it's a 1984 Dodge van---everyone I know wouldn't want to be caught dead driving the thing).

One good thing is you get to buy new yarn and have an all new stash. :clap

i remember when robert told us about that and omgosh was he mad. i didn't blame him at all but he got even. now he is into thread more than anything and last i talked to him anyways. as far as i know they are together. he is a great guy and i count him among my friends., i should email him and see how he is doing and tell him to come back and see what ya all had to say.:D:D

i remember when robert told us about that and omgosh was he mad. i didn't blame him at all but he got even. now he is into thread more than anything and last i talked to him anyways. as far as i know they are together. he is a great guy and i count him among my friends., i should email him and see how he is doing and tell him to come back and see what ya all had to say.:D:D

lol Vic i'm back lol new addy though so dont send me anything please.

P.S.

Had to post a reply to this thread since i still get emails about it once a week.

That makes me mad just reading about it.:angry I am sure if she would have asked you would have been glad to have donated some of your stash, but just to take it and leave you a note :eek that was really mean. I hope she donated it in your name because you deserve the credit :hook

Archived