Scrubby Pattern

milney

Question

Hi .. looking for a particular scrubby pattern or one close. I bought this one at a craft show that is pictured. I’ve used several patterns but mine aren’t as thick as the one I bought. It measures 4” in diameter x 1” thick. The netting looks to be 1” wide & crocheted with a large hook. Does anyone have a similar pattern? Thanks. Janice 0CE9E5F5-8626-4358-AED3-61A540235E45.thumb.jpeg.264a1d8fdeb2d1c57c19c9e254a02c8f.jpeg0D67BD4B-FC37-443E-ADF1-EDD6F530D430.thumb.jpeg.cade0fb32a2ec91420b8e181e9514131.jpegE5F44203-0453-4EAB-BF46-C4F92E8B5E07.thumb.jpeg.40d3f694e2bc069345e5414f1344de89.jpeg

7 answers to this question

I can't even tell if that is crocheted or knitted, I'm leaning toward knitted but won't swear to it.

Here is a list of free patterns that come up on Ravelry searching in the category 'scrubbers' and search term 'netting'.  Some are sort of close; if you are not a member you'll have to sign up if the pattern is hosted on Ravelry (it's free), but some pattern listings take you to a blog so you don't have to download thru Ravelry.  The ones by Melanie Larson and Mandi Webber looked the closest to yours.  (a lot of them aren't made of netting, hmm.) 

Edited by Granny Square

Brenda, if you find your notes, would you mind sharing them with me? Thanks.

Granny Square.. I liked the scrubby on Ravelry by Melanie Larsen called nylon net scrubbies. It said free pattern but pattern must have been taken down. Janice  

The chances of me finding them are not good.  Its been a long time since I have seen them plus I have downsized and moved.  I did not like making them.  The netting was very hard (rough) on my hands and it scratched/scuffed my hook.  It was just a basic ball pattern.  Make your basic circle,  when its width you want for scrubber work a few round even, then work decreases.

It looks like Melanie is now selling the scrubbies on Etsy.

For what it's worth (not much), I use odds and ends of Red Heart Super saver for sort-of-flimsy scrubbies. They take a long time to dry so I don't like them double layered; all I do is make a rectangle about 3" x 4" of SC ribbing (working all rows in the back loop only).  Make a chain 3' long, sc back and forth in the back loop only until it's 4" long, finish off.  They work pretty well.  The same thing might work reasonably well if not better in netting too I suppose.