Stuck on pattern

Julir

Question

I am doing the double shell stitch from an old Leisure Arts Snuggle up baby afghans book and I have the 1st 2 rows completed and now I am on row 3 and can't figure out where to put my stitches.  It says ch 3, turn. 3 rc in the same.st. sc in next sc *work shell in next cluster, sc in next sc; repeat from * across to last st, 4 DC i. Last st.  I am not sure where to put my shell.  The first row after the foundation row has the shell, the second row has a 8 loop cluster ch 3 sequence.

Any help would be greatly appreciated for this semi newbie to crocheting.  Thank you!

1 answer to this question

Wow your font is so tiny this is hard to see.  Did you give us the instructions exactly as written because that is very important?  Does it really say "3 rc" because I feel like it should be 3 dc? Look at the photo that is with the pattern to see if the shells stack on top of each other or are off set.  Shells that are made with dc's, ch's,dc's and looks like in your case 4dc, ch3,4dc are centered over each other by working the shells in the ch 3 spaces of the previous row.