Happy to be here

KKay

Hi,

I was introduced to crocheting during my college days, and it's one thing that easily keeps me calm and stops me from overthinking. So I keep to very few projects, and 20 years from then, and being a working Mom, I am engaged in this hobby only as much as I could.

Few months back, I was in a very bad health situation and got back to crocheting, to avoid all the gloom.  Crochet is what let me stay calm and hold on to life. Thankfully I am recovering well now.

Recently I was drawn towards the chenille yarn, and bought me some, planning to do amigurumi. But looking at the yarn, and some of the youtube videos I am worried this may be tough. Searching for some good tips on crocheting the chenille yarn, is how I chanced upon this community. It is so heartening to be a part of this wonderful world, and hope I do better crocheting from now on.

Thank you 😊 

• Like 1

Welcome to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

I found the chenille yarn is a little tough to work with.  Of course, my eyes are bad.  Whey I work with it, I use my fingers to find the loops to put the hook into.  It does make the ami look good, but with my eyesight, it is like working with black or dark blue or dark brown yarn.

Don't let me discourage you, I am sure you may like it.  Glad you are feeling better and crochet has gotten me thru a lot of things.

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2022 at 12:51 AM, KKay said:

Hi,

I was introduced to crocheting during my college days, and it's one thing that easily keeps me calm and stops me from overthinking. So I keep to very few projects, and 20 years from then, and being a working Mom, I am engaged in this hobby only as much as I could.

Few months back, I was in a very bad health situation and got back to crocheting, to avoid all the gloom.  Crochet is what let me stay calm and hold on to life. Thankfully I am recovering well now.

Recently I was drawn towards the chenille yarn, and bought me some, planning to do amigurumi. But looking at the yarn, and some of the youtube videos I am worried this may be tough. Searching for some good tips on crocheting the chenille yarn, is how I chanced upon this community. It is so heartening to be a part of this wonderful world, and hope I do better crocheting from now on.

Thank you 😊 

Thank you for this article. Your sharing of this expertise with us is very excellent. My child was thrilled to see the Wilbur Soot merchandise shop that someone had given me. We can certainly benefit from this product.

Edited by kokowood1