Help Replicating Pattern on Neckline Increase

Berro

Question

Hi! I'm looking for some advice on how to replicate a decrease pattern on the increase of a neckline. Basically, I decreased over 3 half double stitches by doing yarn over, insert in stitch, yarn over pull up loop, yarn over pull through 2 loops repeat over next 2 stitches and on the last one I yarned over pulled through 2, 2, and then remaining, flipped work and repeated decrease to create kind of a ribbed effect if that makes sense. My issue is on the increase the ribbed effect does not come though. Either the stitches are not defined enough or there are large holes visible. I have tried everything I can think of to create the same look and nothing has worked. Any suggestions of what I can do that doesn't involve me ripping out the decrease...? I need to increase by 3 half double.

Thank you :)

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

I'm confused - you seem to be flipping back and forth between increases and decreases.

In general tho, if you need to decrease 3 stitches into 1 (in other words, removing 2 stiches), doing it all at once is going to make more of an interruption (and almost guarantied to make a hole)  in a field of '1 stitch into 1 stitch' fabric than doing TWO decreases of 2 into 1 (if you can get away with it in your stitch pattern).  The same with increases, if you need to increase by 2, making 2 increases of 2 into 1 and spreading them out is less obvious.  

Edited to add, if this is supposed to create a stitch pattern 'look' rather than just shaping - is there an online link to see what the end item looks like?  Is this a raglan neckline?

Edited by Granny Square