Hi all.

Stidds

Hi everyone, I am a basic crocheter but a much better knitter. No expert by any means, but do enjoy it.

I look forward to offering help if I can and accepting help which is likely to be more frequent! 

Keep crocheting!

Stidds

Welcome to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

A lot of us here do both crocheting and knitting.  I started out knitting, and found crochet later.  We all do several crafts.  So come and join the fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 4:28 PM, Stidds said:

Hi everyone, I am a basic crocheter but a much better knitter. No expert by any means, but do enjoy it.

I look forward to offering help if I can and accepting help which is likely to be more frequent! 

Keep crocheting!

Stidds

I tried knitting after crocheting for years and can’t get my head around it with holding the needles 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 1:13 AM, Anita A Badger said:

I started out thinking knitting was too complicated.  But after finally picking up the needles & trying it, I really like it.  Crochet will always be my first love as far as fiber arts though 

How do you knit after crocheting for years 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anita A Badger said:

You just decide to do it & go for it😊. Nowadays there are several online resources you can use.  When I learned there was no internet for public use.  I learned from books only. 

Haha so true, but need to purchase knitting needles

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Stidds said:

I started knitting first - my Nan was a fantastic knitter - I learned from her. I find crocheting a bit more confusing, but I'm getting there! 

My grandma is a great knitter too! I know she is willing to show me whenever I am ready to learn! She's been crocheting for about 60 years, but she let my grandpa teach me crochet because he was so excited to show me🥰 So I am sure she's excited to get her chance to show me her ways!!

Hi! I'm a self taught intermediate crochet person who still has trouble with some basics. But I'm infinitely patient and keep trying till I get it! (At least til the next time.) 

I found answers to a question here and thought I would enjoy gleaning advice from the experienced crocheted in this forum.

Happy trails!