hello & pattern assistance.

hi, I’m Kim. new here. 

I found a pattern online (see below) and I can’t work it out to get to 16 stitches.

I can figure 10 or maybe 12… 

I’ve also attached a photo of a model of my stitches using “x” to represent 1 sc.

I’d appreciate help getting started. 

PATTERN: 

Chain 7 ch stitches. Crochet 2 sc (increase) in the second ch from hook and then 1 sc in each of the following 4 ch stitches. Crochet 4 sc (2 increases) in the last ch stitchwhich will allow you to turn and work on the other side of the foundation chain. Crochet 1 sc in each of the following 4 ch stitches and, finally, 2 sc (increase) in the last ch stitch. Total stitches: 16

7638501C-000C-4681-A230-AFE4CB80801D.jpeg

Welcome to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

If you go to the Crochet Help thread, you should get a lot of help.

8 hours ago, FrancesCalledFig said:

hi, I’m Kim. new here. 

I found a pattern online (see below) and I can’t work it out to get to 16 stitches.

I can figure 10 or maybe 12… 

I’ve also attached a photo of a model of my stitches using “x” to represent 1 sc.

I’d appreciate help getting started. 

PATTERN: 

Chain 7 ch stitches. Crochet 2 sc (increase) in the second ch from hook and then 1 sc in each of the following 4 ch stitches. Crochet 4 sc (2 increases) in the last ch stitchwhich will allow you to turn and work on the other side of the foundation chain. Crochet 1 sc in each of the following 4 ch stitches and, finally, 2 sc (increase) in the last ch stitch. Total stitches: 16

7638501C-000C-4681-A230-AFE4CB80801D.jpeg

Responded to your question here

• 1 month later...