Please Help! Blanket pattern

Nicgnutek8

Question

3 answers to this question

First of all does your stitch count match the ones given?  Then does it remotely look like photos supplied with the pattern.  I said remotely because sometimes first few rows do look wonky.  Are you having problems with a specific part of the pattern?  If you post a photo we might be able to see what is going on.

Took me a minute on the Tch but I think I have seen it before. 

Anymore seems like anything goes out there on writing patterns.  Many do not use the conventionally accepted standard but this one seems ok.   Some make up completely new terms and abbreviations which is okay if they explain it well enough. 

Patterns are like puzzles.  The more parts given the more likely it can be guessed whats going on. I am at a disadvantage not having all the pieces but this is what I think in regard to

"3DC in the first and last stitch would make bumps on the sides. Is that part of the side border?"

First 2 rows sound like a typical pattern shell pattern. 3 dc in first and last stitches are "partial shells" filling in the space because of skipped stitches in previous row and sides should be straight. Its not part of a border.

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/how-to-crochet-a-shell-stitch-979096

Edited by bgs