Can you help me decipher how to work the beginning and ending of each row?

Remnant

Question

On this shawl pattern, each row starts with the same instruction and also ends with the same instruction. It’s this starting and ending that I cannot work out. 

Starting with row 2, once I turn my work as instructed at the end of row 1, the new row Instructs me to use the 4th chain of the ch6 from the previous row - but turning makes the ch6 behind. (I’ve tried ignoring the turn but the counts don’t work out, so I think the turn is not a misprint.)

And then at the end of the row, before I turn, the pattern instructs me to use the 3rd chain from the previous ch6 which would be impossible as it is below the 4th chain I used at the beginning of the row and leaves my new ch6 hanging in a third dimension. This is a repeated instruction.

I’m obviously missing something. But I’ve spent hours trying to work it out. Can you help me? 

The pattern is a free pattern called Full of Flowers https://mycrochetory.com/full-of-flowers-crochet-top-down-shawl/ and is delightful. I’d love to work this out to wear to a fall wedding. 

Thanks for any advice. 

1113B70F-FE34-45D3-9288-381C5B236033.jpeg

Edited by Remnant

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet