Lost of folding heel

Acidburn

Question

fold heel in half with wrong side of heel facing you, (See picture on left.) ss the next sc to the 7th sc on this Row, ss the next sc to the 6th sc of this Row, ss the next sc to the 5th sc of this Row, ss the next sc to the 4th sc of this Row, ss the next sc to the 3rd sc of this Row, ss the next sc to the 2nd sc of this Row, ss the last sc to the 1st sc of this Row, change to blue yarn, ch 1, turn heel to the right side. Note: If you are still having a problem with the heel, Click Here to see a hand drawn illustration on how to do it. It is for the baby socks, however it will still show you how it's done.

I just can't seem to understand this part

10 answers to this question

You turn it wrong side out and fold it in half.  Then you slip stitch the two sides of the heel together much like when you joined the two sides of your cuff together at the start of the pattern.  Pattern reads like there are photos to help with this step so be sure to check them out.

What exactly and in its entirety does it say following your seaming of the 8.  

This is my guess because at this point you should be working in complete rounds again.  It probably says to work on that edge of your gray working towards your red.  Along that gray section you need to work 15 sc evenly spaced.(You are actually working into sides of stitches so you just have to do it best you can.)  When you hit the red you will be working into stitch tops as normal.  Work across red until you meet up with the gray.  Here it probably again says to evenly space 15 sc across that section and will bring you back to your seam.

This shows the concept of working along edges into sides of stitches.

http://www.feltedbutton.com/2015/01/how-to-crochet-clean-edge-along-rough.html

Interesting, I've never seen a sock heel like that.  (your work looks great so far, BTW!) 

Suggestion, because it is a sock, and you don't want a raised line of a seem at your heel if you crocheted the seam, I'd sew the back seam with a mattress stitch - it lies perfectly flat, and is pretty much invisible. 

You butt the 2 edges together, and sew the edges that touch when 'butted'.  With a length of yarn on a tapestry needle (big enough needle eye to thread the yarn thru), as invisibly as possible sew  a stitch up 1 butted side, and then the other, alternately until they are connected.  I will try to find a tutorial, some of them show the sewing thread a different color to demonstrate how invisible it is, but you want to use the same yarn.

I would interpret the wrong side of (any) wearable to be the part that faces the body.  I can't think of a reason why the direction of the seam would matter.  Well, unless it said to leave a long tail at a particular end for sewing something else later, but that would just be handy/efficient not critical if you didn't.