Help Following Pattern

HungryBun

Question

Hello everyone,

I purchased a crocheting pattern and I am not sure how to follow it. Any help would be much appreciated!

<--  Row 1 [RS]: (BK) x 1 (1 square)

--> Row 2 [WS]: (BK) x 2 (2 square)

<-- Row 3 [RS]: (DC) x 1, (BK) x 2 (3 square)

--> Row 4 [WS]: (BK) x 2, (DC) x 2 (4 square) 

<-- Row 5 [RS]: (BK) x 1, (DC) x 2, (BK) x 2 (5 square) 

Etc. 

2 answers to this question

RS is right side

WS is wrong side

DC is double crochet

At the moment I am not sure what BK is.  All these abbreviations should have been explained in the pattern. If bk is a group of stitches it should tell you how to make a bk. Sometimes you can figure things out by studying any photos supplied with the pattern.

Try contacting the seller for help. They made money from the sale and need to provide support for their product especially since this pattern is not written in the conventionally accepted standard for writing patterns. 

• Thanks 1

Totally wild guess, I wonder if it is borrowed from knitting. K usually meaning a knit stitch and B meaning either back or below.  Even wilder guess, a purl stitch is made by having the yarn source in front and inserting the needle from the back to the front, and there is such a thing as a crochet purl stitch, which is similar to a SC but the yarn and hook positioned as in the knit version.

But agree with Bgs, if the pattern does not have a stitch definition section, contact the designer for clarification or ask for your money back.

edited to add, just realized my wild guess missed that the only abbreviation that made sense (DC) might not mix with a SC height purl stitch in this pattern; while you can mix US SC and DC in a row, it might have better odds if the DC is UK not US.

Edited by Granny Square
  • Thanks 1