Baby Soft Wash Cloth Pattern

Tawna

Question

Hi.  I am looking for a wash cloth pattern for adult.  When I went through breast cancer, I was given a wonderful gift of a crocheted wash cloth and I want to give back and make some to give out.  Does anyone have a simple pattern for this?

6 answers to this question

Fist bump from another breast cancer survivor (24 years ago, hair grew back but it's been long enough to have turned grey now :lol )

I knit my wash cloths, and simple works better really (plain garter stitch); I never crocheted them because I thought they'd be too thick and wouldn't dry.  However, here is one in moss stitch, different but simple and a little less dense than straight SC, would look great in 1 color too.

Edit, or here are a whole bunch of free patterns.

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1

This is a bit late in coming but this pattern just came to my attention today that would make very nice washcloths. I've used the recommended yarn and it's nice and soft. I also like Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Cotton" also.

3 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I wonder how a cotton acrylic blend would work out 'water-wise', I use scraps of acrylic for scrubbies and they work great but take forever to dry.  I like the look of that stitch pattern, and it's super simple!

I find acrylic dries faster than cotton (and no mildew) and holds up better.  I use 100% acrylic for my scrubbies.

One of my favorite blends for face cloth is bamboo/cotton blend. The bamboo eventually stretches though so I try to find soft cottons in a 3 weight size yarn. Then the cloths aren't so bulky.