Looking to find a pattern for a scalloped crochet top

Hilena

Question

1 answer to this question

Bandeau means 'strapless', so that is not the best search term to match the photo, which has cap sleeves.  Crop or cropped top maybe?  The chances of finding that exact pattern are slim, the seller probably designed it or riffed on an existing design.

Here is a link to a bunch of crop top patterns. I started to pick out a few that were similar-ish, but there were a lot of links so it is probably better for you to look thru them.  I did not select 'free', you can change the search parameters along the left side if you only want to see free patterns.  Ravelry hosts free patterns patterns designed by members, and gives member-designers 'the means' to offer patterns for sale on the site, but the transaction is via paypal between you and the designer (I believe you will have to sign up on Ravelry to do this, it's free).  Ravelry also hosts offsite links to free patterns on blogs and yarn companies.  

edited to add, I think the 'scalloped' edges don't look like shell stitches (altho that would work), it looks like a hill of different stitch heights - example, sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc, or maybe throw in extended stitches or trebles, or a slst on each end.  Count the number of stitches you have  to work with around the edge and figure out what number works best, you might have to fudge on a couple of shells to come out even.

Edited by Granny Square