FOUND Saddle shoes with socks for 18" doll

Tampa Doll

Question

I know I have it somewhere, but darn if I can find it.

I am looking for a pattern that has a combo of socks and saddle shoes.  The picture I am showing is of the outfit and shoes I made, so you can see what I am looking for, I would appreciate any help.  I will take knitted or crocheted pattern.

Eagles Cheerleader 001.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll

6 answers to this question

Oh my, I remember saddle shoes.  Hated them, and the clamps on my roller skates messed with the sole edges.  They were leather color & white, not black & white.

I looked for patterns and found not-free ones that were baby booties.  I'm not sure if a basic baby bootie pattern with a sole would work (for fit), but the front 'saddle' part was just 2 rectangles attached to the soles.   This one is discontinued, but it has front and side views if you want to tinker with a bootie pattern.

This free baby booty is the right shape, make the sole in black, the rest in white (for shoe + sock), perhaps make the foot a row or 2 little less tall maybe? Just attach black to the sole and make 2 rectangles to lace up.  Did your pattern have a black stripe up the back, too?  Could add that the same way as the front pieces.  

I'd stop the white at the 'shoe top', add the black in the back (or both ends), then continue the white with the first round of the sock in the back loops of the shoe part to give it a tiny bit of 3D separation of shoe and sock.  (so across the back stripe, you'd be leaving the front side top black loop free, but stitching thru the other loops to connect the black and start the sock)

• Like 1

Thank you Brenda that is exactly

Oh I remember wearing saddle shoes.  We had the white with black.  I wore them till I was 10.  For school it was saddle shoes, for play it was Keds and then dress shoes for church and special occasions.  That what happens when you grow up in the 50's. Born 1950, oh and lets not forget the hightop baby shoes.

Funny you mentioning the skates.  Boy I remember them.  We use to wear the key on a string around our necks, so we would not lose it.  This is the fun the kids are missing out on.  Outside fun, rolling staking, kick the can and half ball, just to name a few.  Mom would say good bye in the morning and to remind us to be back by the time the street lights came on for dinner.  Oh to be like that again.

Thank you both, I appreciate the help.  One set will be done in white with red on the sides and the other will be white with grey on the sides.  One for the Bucs and one for the Pats.

Have a fun night and thanks for the help.

My sister was a teen in the 50's, so she had poodle skirts in every color.  Mom made them, but still the black and white saddle shoes.

I did not like them cause they were big and clunky, and you are right they were heck to try and skate in.:rofl