I got hooked!

zophas

Hello everyone. All I wanted to do was repair an old crochet blanket I had. So I bought a hook and some yarn and taught myself a few basic stitches. Well, guess what now I'm hooked! I'm nearly 70 years old and (gosh!) male. Bottom line is I did fix the blanket but now I want to make a new one from scratch. So I have a lot to learn. I hope chatting to a bunch of hookers is the right thing to do. Lol.

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

We have had a lot of males join us.  Crochet Dude use to be on here.

Thanks for the welcome girls. I will be asking some questions in other parts of the forum soon. I did find a lot of info on the internet and that's how I managed to learn some basics and get my blanket fixed. I've managed a few granny squares and some simple flower shapes. I think I basically need to practice and get tension to be consistent and then maybe see if I can do some more elaborate things. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! My grandparents both crochet, and my grandpa has been doing it for probably 6-8 years now (picked it up to help with his arthritis), and my grandma has crocheted for almost 60 years now, because if I am not mistaken she started as a teenager. They are part of a crochet group in their neighborhood, and he is the only man who goes! The girls are all so impressed with how far he's come. More guys should crochet! He always picks the most unlikely but awesome color combinations that I would never think to use 😂