Can’t find the matching yarn

smoran8m

Question

Rookie mistake. I usually save the yarn label but this was one of the o’go yarns and the big cardboard was in my way so I tossed it. Now I’m halfway through a project and need more yarn. 🧶 

I’m not sure which one I bought. It was on sale at michels and has five colors. A bright yellow. A soft yellow. A dark purple. A light purple. And an almost white purple. 

im not finding that specific color combo anywhere. I’m not even sure which type of o’go it is. It is pretty thin, soft acrylics c. That’s all I know.  Any ideas??

5 answers to this question

Oh, no, sorry that happened.  I don't have any helpful info on that specific yarn, but - like you said, rookie mistake - sorry the lessons learned that way usually are not fun.  Here is another link to O'go, (in case this helps you find 'your' weight and color) I didn't realize it covered multiple yarn styles, 2 aran weights, bulky and super bulky.

A lot of people buy yarn on an impulse, or yarn for 'stash', but I very rarely do, unless I'm thinking I might use it for a hat where 1 skein is usually plenty.  I never buy a wild-guess amount of yarn 'for stash', for 2 reasons:  (1) yarn styles and colors come and go, seriously, sometimes only lasting for brief periods,  (2), most important, the chance of finding the same dye lot is zero, and that is a really big thing if you want your end piece to look nice--dye lots matter.

5 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Check the big donut in blue moon. It's blue, not purple, but maybe? It's the only one I saw that was even close.

https://www.michaels.com/caron-big-donut-o-go-yarn/10672271.html

I was wondering if that looks more blue in the pic, but is really more purple. I did buy it from Michaels, but who knows? I may try to go into the store to look.