hookd1989

What is your favorite hand moisturizer in the winter?

Bath and Body works body lotion Especially Cotton blossom.

My DH really suffers from dry skin, so we have every kind of lotion you can imagine around here. His current favorite is Gold Bond. But, for me, I love either Nivea Cream or Mary Kay Satin Hands. They're both really thick but not greasy, and I love the Satin Hands fragrance!

I love Neutrogena's products! I find the hand cream mentioned here a little thick for every day use - I save it for when I really need it badly. I use Neutrogena's body emulsion (in a pump bottle) every night. (Edited to say that I use it on my hands. I wish I could get in the habit of doing my legs, but I never think about it until I look down and see how dry they are. :lol ) Although I love B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion, it's not nearly as moisturizing as the Neutrogena.

Pd_00011_00_lg.jpg

I have a very dear friend that HATE lotion for the greasy feeling and oil TOO.

I had this in the closet and she love it. Go to a beauty supply and give the same pump a try.

Avojuice (made by OPI) Her favorite and mine is the Grapefruit juice

Hugs and Hooks

M

Eucurin with a tube of cortisone cream added to it. My doctor recommended it to me after he saw my hands. It definitely works!

Wendyb532

My favorite's are either Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion, which takes awhile to sink in but smells wonderful...

or, Tate's All-Natural Miracle Conditioner, which is seriously a miracle in a bottle. It's better than absolutely everything else I've tried, which is saying alot. It takes very little time to sink in, is 100% non-greasy, and makes my skin wickedly soft. It's fragrance free, too, so I can add my own favorite perfume oils to it if I want.

I use different ones....I have Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hands Essentials up next to my computer. I like it alot! Also have used Udder Cream for years since I mostly cross stitched back then (and still do occasionally!) and it's touted for not staining stitching fabric/linen.

Now my hairdresser just gave me a sample bottle of Avojuice by OPI in the "Pear Juice" scent the other day as a Christmas gift....REALLY nice! I'm assuming she got it at the beauty supply store as someone else on here mentioned!

I make my own lotion and balms from scratch.

I have extremely dry skin and use Curel in the big pump bottle it actually stays with you all day and you don't have to keep rubbing more on.

right now I am using Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail. My nails and cuticles are horrible in the winter...and I love this stuff.

Bag balm...it's the stuff that farmers put on cow teats...:eek

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No really ...it comes in a green can..the best ever for dry hands...hahahaha try it...after you laugh yourself silly..hahaha

Linda :hook

I like and use UDDERLY SMOOTH Udder Cream. In Canada, it is sold in Wal Mart and other stores. It is SUPERB.:cheer

I just bought a small tube of this and agree. Not too greasy, pleasant light scent, and is great to use while crocheting/knitting.

I got Chai Tea Body Lotion for xmas last year and went and bought more. I found it on the internet and just love it for the entire body - not just hands. I am looking for cotton gloves and want to cream my hands and then put the gloves on. I think it would be a good treatment for them

A girlfriend of mine from Canada sent me a couple of tins of Herbacin~I love this stuff!!

mgf~:frog

21031.jpg

I really love "Gloves in a Bottle". It's in a blue bottle, and it works wonders! I bought it at my yarn store.

You should try Aveeno hand lotion- it absorbs quickly and you can't even feel it. you can get un-scented, too. I like it real well.

I like the Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizing Lotion. It keeps my hands pretty moisturized in the Chicago Winter. And you can use it anywhere on your body that's dry. It seems every year, I try a new one and this one is a winner.

Linda:manyheart

ahava dermud hand cream-is the best imho

I love Bath & Body Works products but for really dry skin I'm using Coconut Lime Shea Body Butter from Tree Hut. It very inexpensive and feels great on my poor itchy legs. ;)

Sensaria: Natural Body Care, a small company in Shelton, WA that specializes in all natural, no-animal testing skincare products that do not irritate or cause allergic reactions in the skin. It was developed in CA by a person who had relatives allergic to most products out on the market--especially highly chemicaled and perfumed stuff.

It has all natural scents and herbal elements. I use nearly ALL of their products, but for really drydrydry skin nothing can beat their body butter. It's not greasy and stays with you even after hand-washing. Can only be purchased through a representative through spa parties (like Tupperware of old). I have a friend that does them and I order through her regularly. Nothing like it!

I love using Garnier's Hand Cocoon, it really adds moisture to even the driest of hands. Sometimes it can feel a little greasy, but I think that's more because I get over-excited squirting it into my hands :blush

I have super-sensitive skin and usually can't use lotions with *any* kind of fragrance, even if it is a natural one. My favorite is Nature's Gate lotions. You can usually find them in natural foods stores.