What is your favorite hand moisturizer in the winter?

hookd1989

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My DH really suffers from dry skin, so we have every kind of lotion you can imagine around here. His current favorite is Gold Bond. But, for me, I love either Nivea Cream or Mary Kay Satin Hands. They're both really thick but not greasy, and I love the Satin Hands fragrance!

I love Neutrogena's products! I find the hand cream mentioned here a little thick for every day use - I save it for when I really need it badly. I use Neutrogena's body emulsion (in a pump bottle) every night. (Edited to say that I use it on my hands. I wish I could get in the habit of doing my legs, but I never think about it until I look down and see how dry they are. :lol ) Although I love B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion, it's not nearly as moisturizing as the Neutrogena.

Pd_00011_00_lg.jpg

My favorite's are either Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion, which takes awhile to sink in but smells wonderful...

or, Tate's All-Natural Miracle Conditioner, which is seriously a miracle in a bottle. It's better than absolutely everything else I've tried, which is saying alot. It takes very little time to sink in, is 100% non-greasy, and makes my skin wickedly soft. It's fragrance free, too, so I can add my own favorite perfume oils to it if I want.

I use different ones....I have Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hands Essentials up next to my computer. I like it alot! Also have used Udder Cream for years since I mostly cross stitched back then (and still do occasionally!) and it's touted for not staining stitching fabric/linen.

Now my hairdresser just gave me a sample bottle of Avojuice by OPI in the "Pear Juice" scent the other day as a Christmas gift....REALLY nice! I'm assuming she got it at the beauty supply store as someone else on here mentioned!

• 2 weeks later...

I got Chai Tea Body Lotion for xmas last year and went and bought more. I found it on the internet and just love it for the entire body - not just hands. I am looking for cotton gloves and want to cream my hands and then put the gloves on. I think it would be a good treatment for them

• 3 weeks later...
You should try Aveeno hand lotion- it absorbs quickly and you can't even feel it. you can get un-scented, too. I like it real well.

I like the Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizing Lotion. It keeps my hands pretty moisturized in the Chicago Winter. And you can use it anywhere on your body that's dry. It seems every year, I try a new one and this one is a winner.

Linda:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sensaria: Natural Body Care, a small company in Shelton, WA that specializes in all natural, no-animal testing skincare products that do not irritate or cause allergic reactions in the skin. It was developed in CA by a person who had relatives allergic to most products out on the market--especially highly chemicaled and perfumed stuff.

It has all natural scents and herbal elements. I use nearly ALL of their products, but for really drydrydry skin nothing can beat their body butter. It's not greasy and stays with you even after hand-washing. Can only be purchased through a representative through spa parties (like Tupperware of old). I have a friend that does them and I order through her regularly. Nothing like it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived