Kreative-Portrait Veronika Rohrhofer in ANNA 02/2021 Magazine

Wow, what an honor!  Here is a translation to English by Google Translate.  (the word order in some places reminds me of my semester of German in college a long time ago...)

"She was born in 1953 in Wolfsberg in Carinthia and now lives in Vienna and Sydney –

First contact with knitting and crocheting was given to Veronika Rohrhofer already in the 2nd class at the age of 8. The both of the resulting doilies adorned for a long time her bedside tables Parents. During the boarding school she found again for needlework and got one Motif pattern from her aunt.

After graduating from high school in 1973, I started as an au pair to England. It was there that the Austrian discovered the first written crochet patterns and impressed her host family with their Work so much that they are now yarn and bought templates.

Life went on, the passion for crocheting remained constant. So used Veronika Rohrhofer later made the way to work with the Railway and the evenings for their filigree Working to relax.

Always were again the doilies they made because of diverse and interesting patterns so much fascinated.

During a vacation stay in 2015 in Australia found her in an antique shop "Old, small and broken crochet blanket" with a very attractive pattern. The search after the submission, she initially let the Gütermann cotton sewing thread C Ne 50 Find;

In 2017 she succeeded in doing this through internet forums and an Australian friend an exhibition competition, the Royal Easter show. She promptly took first place with three of her filigree doilies,  which she was able to repeat in the following years.

Meanwhile, Veronika Rohrhofer showed her artistic masterpieces also in Austria and published a book at the end of 2018."

On 1/6/2022 at 9:16 PM, Granny Square said:

Wow, what an honor!  Here is a translation to English by Google Translate.  (the word order in some places reminds me of my semester of German in college a long time ago...)

"She was born in 1953 in Wolfsberg in Carinthia and now lives in Vienna and Sydney –

First contact with knitting and crocheting was given to Veronika Rohrhofer already in the 2nd class at the age of 8. The both of the resulting doilies adorned for a long time her bedside tables Parents. During the boarding school she found again for needlework and got one Motif pattern from her aunt.

After graduating from high school in 1973, I started as an au pair to England. It was there that the Austrian discovered the first written crochet patterns and impressed her host family with their Work so much that they are now yarn and bought templates.

Life went on, the passion for crocheting remained constant. So used Veronika Rohrhofer later made the way to work with the Railway and the evenings for their filigree Working to relax.

Always were again the doilies they made because of diverse and interesting patterns so much fascinated.

During a vacation stay in 2015 in Australia found her in an antique shop "Old, small and broken crochet blanket" with a very attractive pattern. The search after the submission, she initially let the Gütermann cotton sewing thread C Ne 50 Find;

In 2017 she succeeded in doing this through internet forums and an Australian friend an exhibition competition, the Royal Easter show. She promptly took first place with three of her filigree doilies,  which she was able to repeat in the following years.

Meanwhile, Veronika Rohrhofer showed her artistic masterpieces also in Austria and published a book at the end of 2018."

Thank you for your effort of posting the Google Translation, which is not very good! The main part of this article is my yellow 3D doily with the title "Let the Sunshine in"!