when a blanket you are making gets big

I have a lot of issues with my hands and was wondering when I can get back to crocheting, I have an afghan that's almost finished. I just think it so heavy to work on my lap bulky yarn because at the time was easy on my hands. Any hints as to how to deal with it?

Would love to hear any ideas

I understand, I have arthritis and tendonitis and circulation stuff I have to be careful not to rile up.  I mostly work with thread so don't have that "too heavy" problem, I just have to limit my daily time with a hook to a couple of hours tops, and breaks between projects.

Do you think sitting at your kitchen table, with the blanket on the table to take the weight off of of your hands, would help?  Can't hurt to try.

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

I understand, I have arthritis and tendonitis and circulation stuff I have to be careful not to rile up.  I mostly work with thread so don't have that "too heavy" problem, I just have to limit my daily time with a hook to a couple of hours tops, and breaks between projects.

Do you think sitting at your kitchen table, with the blanket on the table to take the weight off of of your hands, would help?  Can't hurt to try.

than you Granny Square I will try your kitchen table idea 

I used to just make doilies and drs told me to try bigger yarn but I may have to try thread again. It's my first love 

g