2022 Stashbusting CAL (CLOSED)

greyhoundgrandma

35 minutes ago, Ellie 13 said:

I got:sick last Tues., went home from work early, I had :fever and dizziness. I was told my symptoms could be the flu or covid. I got tested and was positive for covid 19. I've been quarantined from Jan. 5th - Jan. 8th. Will go back to work Wed. I did some :crocheting , but wasn't really into it. :sleep a lot, quarantine is over, but I still feel a little :sick . I didn't use any :yarn this week. 

WTD:  0    YTD:  + 5

Ellie 13

Hope you'll be feeling 100% real soon! Take it slow and don't overdo it.

14 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Happy Saturday 😊 

I used up 2 skeins this week on my sweater and have my first completed item of the year! Then I hauled my entire stash into the house (from the garage) and organized it....and I purged at the same time. What is it about having stuff in the stash that makes me feel like I HAVE to keep it??? I got rid of a TON of stuff I will never use. If it was a usable amount,  it was donated to my kid's elementary school for art classes. If it wasn't enough for that,  I tossed it. There were some full skeins and some balls but I'm just counting everything as balls because I didn't keep track of how many of each I had....so 130 balls is what I reduced my stash by. And I'm down from 10 bins to 8!

WTD +134

YTD +136

That's a great start on your score this year and on your plan to reduce your bins.

I'm trying to get my stash more organized and partly relocated, but keep getting bogged down-- I have to clean out closet A before I can more coats from closet B to closet A and then put yarn in closet B. LOL The aim is eventually to move most of it from upstairs (except the tiny closet) to my bedroom downstairs where I have several closets that have to be cleaned out. It really is time to get DH's closets cleaned out and his clothes donated. The grands (at least the girls) are getting old enough to turn my craft room upstairs back into a TV room/playroom and my bedroom is big enough for a sitting/crafting area. So much to be done and not nearly enough motivation.

I got out today, I mailed a package to my mom and dropped off the 8 balls of :yarn (+8) :cheer .  It was really :wcold, but I didn't care, it felt great to be out after a week of quarantine. I'm still masking up just in case. When I got home, I found 2 skeins and a ball of :yarn by my door (-5). I finished a teddy bear and rolled a skein down (+1) :yay . So, my new total is + 4. maybe I'll have more before Sat.

WTD: + 4  YTD: + 9

Ellie 13

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ellie 13 said:

I got out today, I mailed a package to my mom and dropped off the 8 balls of :yarn (+8) :cheer .  It was really :wcold, but I didn't care, it felt great to be out after a week of quarantine. I'm still masking up just in case. When I got home, I found 2 skeins and a ball of :yarn by my door (-5). I finished a teddy bear and rolled a skein down (+1) :yay . So, my new total is + 4. maybe I'll have more before Sat.

WTD: + 4  YTD: + 9

Ellie 13

So glad you’re doing better, and how nice of someone to leave yarn at your door! 

Mona....speaking from my experience when my first husband passed...."it's time" only applies when your heart is ready. Do not force yourself to take steps before it is right for you ♡ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Mona....speaking from my experience when my first husband passed...."it's time" only applies when your heart is ready. Do not force yourself to take steps before it is right for you ♡ 

Thanks! I appreciate your advice!

• Like 1

I’ve managed to use up a skein working on the Unicorn blanket. 
WTD = +2

Im rather out of sorts lately, though. I found out this week that my 74 year old sister and her husband (who are vaccinated and boosted) both have Covid and are very ill. She’s not quite sure how she got it, but she does work with the public, so it could have been from that. She told me today that they’re coming to the house tomorrow to give her an infusion of antibodies. Her hubby isn’t quite as sick as she is, but he hasn’t been sick as long. She keeps declaring that she’s “a tough old bird” but I’m terrified for her. She lives about 2 hours from me—not that anyone can visit them at this point. 

No scores yet :think ?  O.K. I went to Michael's yesterday. Got the doll eyes and 2 Sugar & Cream cotton (-4), for a project. I made some heart pins, used a small ball (+1). Score this week:  WTD: + 1   YTD:  + 10

Ellie 13

Ok, I need an intervention. I have more projects waiting than I can make this whole year and can't seem to get my mojo going as it is. So what do I do? Order two afghan kits from Mary Maxim. In my defense they were on sale. Big sigh--oh, well. You can never have too much yarn, too many projects or patterns, or too much chocolate. Right?!

Pam, how are your sister and her hubby doing?

The mail brought 4 skeins of yarn today. That's 4 out of 8 skeins for making two of the mosaic blanket wraps. I watched the class for it last week but the yarn is clearance at Michael's--half price doesn't matter if they don't have it or it requires a 180 mile round trip to get it. I finally found one color on ebay and the other on etsy--paid way too much for it when you add postage to it, but I really like the project and the colors.

So something else on my to-do list.     -8 for the week so far

3 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Pam, how are your sister and her hubby doing?

The mail brought 4 skeins of yarn today. That's 4 out of 8 skeins for making two of the mosaic blanket wraps. I watched the class for it last week but the yarn is clearance at Michael's--half price doesn't matter if they don't have it or it requires a 180 mile round trip to get it. I finally found one color on ebay and the other on etsy--paid way too much for it when you add postage to it, but I really like the project and the colors.

So something else on my to-do list.     -8 for the week so far

She and her husband are doing a bit better. I’m praying they’re turning a corner. 

On 1/17/2022 at 4:24 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Ok, I need an intervention. I have more projects waiting than I can make this whole year and can't seem to get my mojo going as it is. So what do I do? Order two afghan kits from Mary Maxim. In my defense they were on sale. Big sigh--oh, well. You can never have too much yarn, too many projects or patterns, or too much chocolate. Right?!

Chocolate  :manyheart . I made a pound of fudge Mon. night, I was going to take it to work Tue., but forgot. I gave some to my neighbor (about 1/4) and ate the rest during the week (finished it last night :)). I made the 2 purses with the 2 skeins Sugar & Cream cotton and a ball left from before (+ 5) :yay . I have a Michael's rewards voucher for $5. I'll try not to use it on :yarn . I'm going to work on a doll next.

WTD: + 5    YTD: + 15

Ellie 13

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ellie 13 said:

Chocolate  :manyheart . I made a pound of fudge Mon. night, I was going to take it to work Tue., but forgot. I gave some to my neighbor (about 1/4) and ate the rest during the week (finished it last night :)). I made the 2 purses with the 2 skeins Sugar & Cream cotton and a ball left from before (+ 5) :yay . I have a Michael's rewards voucher for $5. I'll try not to use it on :yarn . I'm going to work on a doll next.

Ellie 13

You had us at "fudge"... 🤣

4 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

Ellie 13

That's the kind of "I forgot" that I like. LOL

I used up a skein on the sweater but I'm running short, so had to put it aside until I get another skein.  +2

UPS delivered my 2 Mary Maxim kits. 14 skeins in one and 6 in the other. -40

That's -46 so far this week.

• Like 1