2022 Stashbusting CAL (CLOSED)

greyhoundgrandma

4 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

The Annie's stripe kit--last three stripes--came today.....-6.

I used to get SO excited when those shipments came in!  They do give you quite a bit of excess yarn. I ended up taking all the leftovers and making a smaller afghan for our grandson. 😎

24 minutes ago, PBLKNP said:

I used to get SO excited when those shipments came in!  They do give you quite a bit of excess yarn. I ended up taking all the leftovers and making a smaller afghan for our grandson. 😎

I agree. It's one of the few crochet projects that I've really worked on this year. I was figuring I would have enough for a lap throw anyway.

• Like 1

I'm sorry I didn't get here earlier and didn't find out I should have done the scores. Thank you Greyhoundgrandma. So far this week I have 0 points. I finished a minion and I'm 1/2 way through another. People are asking for Christmas pins already, so I've got a lot of :crocheting to do. I hope I've got enough :yarn , buttons, stuffing and pins to get it all done. I'll try to remember to post any points I get ASAP.

WTD: 0  YTD: + 96

Ellie 13

9 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

I'm sorry I didn't get here earlier and didn't find out I should have done the scores. Thank you Greyhoundgrandma. So far this week I have 0 points. I finished a minion and I'm 1/2 way through another. People are asking for Christmas pins already, so I've got a lot of :crocheting to do. I hope I've got enough :yarn , buttons, stuffing and pins to get it all done. I'll try to remember to post any points I get ASAP.

WTD: 0  YTD: + 96

Ellie 13

No, you were fine. You are on for posting the score this weekend, but if you are busy or off line, it's no problem. You can let me know or I'll just do them if they haven't been done by middle of the afternoon Sunday.

We'd love to see pictures of your pins.

I’m FINALLY done with the afghan, although now I have the tedious task of sewing the strips together.  It’s been so funny because my spouse wants to have Trevor over, but I keep saying, “I’m not done with his afghan yet!!!” 😂 Anyway, I broke even this week as I used up a skein on the afghan, but I visited a local yarn store and got another skein I needed to finish the hat I’m knitting for our grandson, so:

WTD = 0

:manyheart

42 minutes ago, pineknott said:

I'm back to finish out the year, finally dug out small take along projects

Welcome back! My crochet gift list keeps getting smaller and smaller as I realize that it's just not going to get done by then. LOL

I'm sorry I didn't get here all last week. My computer kept saying "cannot connect to this page". I use my friend's WIFI so maybe her computer was down. She was away for a few days so who knows :shrug.  I made 12 wreath pins (sold them all) and 2 hats. I used 3 balls :yarn (+3) :cheer. I need to go to Michael's to get more red beads and pins. I still need to make 4 more minions and more pins.

WTD: + 3   YTD: +  99   :yay 1 more point to 100

Ellie 13

Ellie, I hate when the computer or phone doesn't do what you want it to! Looks like you'll make 100 for sure.

I still haven't gotten to that last stripe kit.

WTD 0

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I’m in the process of sewing the strips together, so no skeins used up:

WTD = 0

I ended up give my friend a different afghan I’d made (we all got together this weekend), as I’m nowhere near being finished with the afghan I’m working on. As it turned out, he LOVED the colors and he was thrilled, as he said he gets chilly in his apartment when he’s working from home, and this will be perfect to keep him warm! 😎

WTD = 0

Well, there was a change in plans. I’m STILL working on finishing the afghan, and our friend was due to our annual get-together before the holidays. I decided to just give him the other afghan I’d made this year — it turned out that he loved it! 

In the meantime, I’ve now almost finished with the other afghan, and we just got a Christmas present in the mail from my niece Erin and her hubby. BINGO! We realized that they were the perfect recipients for my afghan. 😎

I've had some health issues lately. I have a small hernia and may need surgery :eek . I'm seeing a doctor on Tues. I went to Michael's and got more beads, pins and 2 skeins of cotton (- 4) for a purse for a friend. So yesterday I made the purse, worked on some minion parts (shoes, eyes, arms) and made 14 more wreath pins. I used the 2 skeins of cotton and 2 balls :yarn (+ 6) :yay . With the holiday next week, it'll be busy at the market so I might not get to :crocheting much. 

WTD: + 2   YTD: + 101  :cheer

Ellie 13

Ellie, hope you can avoid surgery, but maybe it's better to fix it before it gets larger?

Let's skip scores next week. Just add any totals from this next week to the last week of the month/year and we'll finish with the last scores posted on 12/31.

Hope everyone is all ready for Christmas and able to relax this week.

That's my dream world anyway. I'm having the 5-year-old grandchild's birthday party at my house Thursday (family only thank goodness), older DS and DIL coming for lunch Friday, fireworks with company coming by Christmas Eve, then lunch at my house for everyone Christmas day. Plus super cold temps coming in Thursday night so extra winterizing to do.

• Like 1