2022 Stashbusting CAL (CLOSED)

greyhoundgrandma

Sorry I haven't been here since the 17th. I'm doing much better, most of my aches and pains are gone. I went back to work last week. I haven't heard from the bus company about any kind of settlement for my injuries yet. I finished another minion body. I just need to make the pants. I rolled down 2 skeins and used a small ball (+ 3) :cheer . Now I need to make 3 more but they have to have pink coveralls (skirts maybe :think ?). I also have to make pumpkin, ghost and spider pins. I finally got to Michael's to get the pins, buttons and more yellow :yarn (- 2). Maybe I can use some balls of :yarn and get more points by Sat.

WTD: + 1   YTD: + 83 

Ellie 13

• Like 1

I did some crocheting, but was thrown for a loop with my Covid BiVal booster and Flu shots. I crashed Thursday for the entire day!  So:

WTD = 0

I’m hoping to get more done next week! 

I’ve still been chugging away on my afghan, and managed to use up a skein, so:

WTD = +2

😎

We’re heading out tomorrow afternoon to our good friend who has an annual Canadian Thanksgiving every year (his big meal for his friends vs regular Thanksgiving with his relatives). I’ll probably get some crocheting done in the car on the way down to his condo, which is an hour away down in Southbury, CT. 

I'll have some yarn coming in this week. I want to try a necklace pattern that unfortunately uses a discontinued Classic Elite Santorini yarn. Luckily I've found some here and there. First one arrived....+2. I'm having to air it out. The whole post office box smelled from the free sachet the etsy seller had included. Then when I took the yarn out of it's separate bag, it had a strong, probably tobacco smell. Hopefully some time airing will neutralize it.

Also some glow in the dark yarn is supposed to come this week. The first order of it was lost but surely this one will find it's way here.

10 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Do dryer sheets help to absorb smell if you put them in the bag with the yarn?  We used to use it with books we got donated that had a smell as it absorbed some of the odor.  Never tried it with yarn.

It's certainly worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ok, I'll give it a try. I just got a second skein in that has a flowery scent, so another one to see what works. 

Two more arrived today.  +8 so far this week.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Sorry I haven't been her since 9/28 :eek . I made a ton of pumpkin, spider and ghost pins (lost count of how many). The score for all that time was (+ 9) :yay  (mostly small balls). 

Mona, as long as it's not wool, you can wash it. Stuff it into a Knee-High stocking, tie it off and wash/dry it according to label instructions. I've tossed them in with the regular delicate laundry. Use cold water on the gentle cycle and med. dry cycle.

WTD:  + 9  YTD:  + 92

Ellie 13

I’m still chugging along with the afghan.  Hopefully I can get this done for Christmas!  I think I’m a bit beyond halfway done.  I’ve got 5 strips done so far.  At the end I’ll need to sew all the strips together.

WTD = +4

:manyheart