greyhoundgrandma

Stash Totals for the week ending 8/27

Gold Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 = 3

Holding steady:
PBLKNP = 0 (YTD = -2)

Shoot the Moon!!!
greyhoundgrandma = -6

Thanks all and have a great week!

I guess everyone is busy with the holiday weekend.

WTD scores for the week ending 9/3/22:

Gold Medal winner: greyhoundgrandma +4

Holding steady:

PBLKNP 0

Ellie 13 0

No Shoot the Moon winner.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I’m SO sorry!  I completely forgot!  We went out to a friend’s house for dinner and I completely forgot to do my totals.  I’m working on my Herrschners Stormy Skies Plaid Blanket, but no skeins used up so far.  As a happy coincidence, one of our friends last night pointed out that I hadn’t yet given him an afghan!  I may give this present one to him, as it’s a nice plain design, suitable for a man.

WTD = 0

10 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I looked it up and that's a nice design for a man. Is it done in rows changing colors or in rectangles? That's a lot of single crochets!

It’s done in long strips, using 2 colors held together, which makes the color changes.  The strips are then sewn together.  I don’t really mind all the single crochets.  It’s a great project to do while you’re doing something else, like watching TV or something. I actually got a lot done on the long car trip we took this weekend.

Sorry I didn't check in last week. I had 0 anyway. Thurs night I was feeling:sick again, so I took a test. I thought I saw a very faint line. I took cold meds and went to bed early. Friday morning, I was still :sick. I was out of tests. I called work and told them about the test and was going to quarantine myself (I had Sat./Sun. off anyway). I called my friend and had her leave a test kit outside my door (she gets free tests at the senior center). Might have been a false positive, since the last 2 tests came back negative. It's :2raintoday, I feel :sick, so I'm staying home again. I think 4 days of quarantine is enough. On the good side, I did some :crocheting and got the 2nd minion done plus eyes/arms/shoes for 2 more. I used 2 small balls of black (+ 2) :cheer.

WTD:  + 2   YTD:  + 68

Ellie 13

I haven't touched yarn in ages. I had a few months where my right hand hurt so much that I couldn't do many stitches at a time. And I'm still fighting that angry shoulder that's been acting up all year. Now, I have two fingers on my left hand that are constantly numb. I have an appointment with the surgeon next week to see what we are going to try next with the fingers and I start another round of physical therapy on my shoulder next week. I'm so tired of all this and miss crafting!

• Sad 1

Holly, sometimes it seems like it's just one thing after another. Hope you can get it all resolved soon and get back to crocheting as much as you want to.

I had lots of fun the last two days. A small group of ladies from the December knitting retreat got together--lots of laughs and good food.

WTD 0

Woohoo!!! I’m hoping to use more skeins this week. I also have to get on the stick and sew up the little sweater, as they’ve set a date now for little Luna’s first birthday party. 😎❤️

I went to work the rest of the week. I sorted out my :yarn and donated 10 balls/1/2 skeins and a full skein (+12) :yay . Sat. I decided to go to Michael's to get some more pin backs and buttons. Halfway to the mall someone tried to make a right turn from the left lane. The bus driver stopped short, since I was sitting on a side facing seat, I slid to the end. I hit my head and then fell on the floor. There was a lot of blood, so I was taken to the hospital. I now have 7 staples in my scalp, a badly bruised knee, swollen wrist and my jaw looks like I was hit by a left hook. I'm sore all over, so I'm off work again, not sure for how long. Yesterday, I tried to :crocheting, but didn't get much done.

WTD: + 12   YTD:  + 80

Ellie 13

I finished a 3rd minion, 1 more to go. I also made some baby hats. I used 1 small ball and rolled a skein down (+2) :cheer. I'm going to get the staples out of my scalp today. I might have to wait a while, so I'll take my :crocheting stuff with me. I might be adding more points when I get back.

WTD:  + 2   YTD:  + 82

Ellie 13

3 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

The next Annie's stripe kit arrived today....-6. Hadn't picked up a hook this week.

WTD -6     YTD -156

I remember how excited I used to get when that package came in the mail!