Monet Afghan - free pattern

thecrochetdude

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

(edit) DUH I'm Blonde and didn't read all the posts first.......I have it now Thanks

Dawn

Beautiful,, Does it say how much yarn for this, am I missing that,, :think Because different skeins have different colors... just an idea so I can buy enough of one color.

Thanks for the pattern

Dawn

(edit) DUH I'm Blonde and didn't read all the posts first.......I have it now Thanks

Dawn

Beautiful,, Does it say how much yarn for this, am I missing that,, :think Because different skeins have different colors... just an idea so I can buy enough of one color.

Thanks for the pattern

Dawn

No problem Dawn! I'm glad you figured it out! Post pics when you get it finished!! :bounce

• 4 weeks later...
I am REALLY impressed! My father was a crocheter. Not obsessed like some of us are, but it helped his arthritis.

I really like the chain stitching you used to crochet it together.

Thanks Beverly! I'm glad you like it!!

My dad crocheted too! He made huge rag rugs for the floors all through our house. They were amazing!!

:bounce

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I might try this one as I have a hoard of variegated yarns. I have been collecting these for sometime time. Dont laugh, there is a bit of the obsessive compulsive in us all.. I collect cos I love the variegations, and then cant figure out what to do with it.... Today I will pull them out of the cupboard and see what I have. I will report back later on.

I am now toying with the idea of doing each square a different variegation. Do you think that would work or be too much? :eek

My first challenge is to work out the yarn thing, and then decide on a joiner colour..

I started on a sampler square last night and I do like the texture of the stitch. I will let you know how I go. :hook

ok, :blush so I have 25 different variegations... ( and that doesnt include cotton and baby yarns).....:blush Didnt realise I had so many....

img71784hn.th.jpg img71703rq.th.jpg

Do you think If I colour selected some that this would work?

You mean if all the different yarns used had a common colour theme, like all bluey/lavender/purple, or all different shades of pink? I think that would look really pretty, cupcake.

ok, :blush so I have 25 different variegations... ( and that doesnt include cotton and baby yarns).....:blush Didnt realise I had so many....

img71784hn.th.jpg img71703rq.th.jpg

Do you think If I colour selected some that this would work?

I think it's a great idea. I would just make sure that all the different yarns are the same fiber content and weight. For example I wouldn't mix cotton yarns with acrylics because they will wear/shrink at different rates.

Thanks guys... That is the 8 ply acrylic pile you can see. I know not to mix the types of yarn. The cottons are in another cupboard :D

I have done 2 squares and they look good.

I think I will do a bluey browny greeny one to start with. I have three sons so blokey colours have higher use in our house. I will post an update if you are interested. I am undecided re a joiner colour.. maybe dark brown. I think I will do the squares first and then see what colour ties them together, so to speak.:manyheart

• 5 months later...
This is such a gorgeous afghan!!! I can't wait to get started on making it but I have at least 3 to finish before I get to this one!!!

I think your patterns are great!!! Thanks so much for your generosity in allowing this gorgeous afghan to be for free!!!!

Thank you for the kind words! :fame

That's the pattern that led to my discovery of The Crochet Dude. It's been on my to do list ever since. And I will make one, as soon as I have the perfect yarn for it.

But, my ultimate goal is the Flying Afghan. I so love that one. :cat

Archived