Knit1Purl2 in Crochet

NCcountrygal

Some of those stitches really do look like knitting. I like Tunisian crochet for that same reason, but haven't done any in ages.

I have that book too, it is nice, I would recommend it for an intermediate crocheter who doesn't want to learn to knit or use needles.

I wouldn't recommend it to someone who already knows how to knit but doesn't know how to crochet, tho.  I also wouldn't recommend it for a brand new crocheter.  The way to get crochet to look like knit is more convoluted than actually knitting, for the most part.  

2 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

I have that book too, it is nice, I would recommend it for an intermediate crocheter who doesn't want to learn to knit or use needles.

I wouldn't recommend it to someone who already knows how to knit but doesn't know how to crochet, tho.  I also wouldn't recommend it for a brand new crocheter.  The way to get crochet to look like knit is more convoluted than actually knitting, for the most part.  

I found on some of the stitches like basket weave getting lazy saying, hmmm, easier to just crochet it.  I was enjoying trying lots of different techniques back then.  Tunisian, too.  Knooking never interested me as it seemed simpler to just knit.

Agree on the knooking, since I already knew how to knit, picking stitches off of a cord versus a sturdy needle was not an improvement, in fact the opposite.   But reading posts elsewhere, it seemed to appeal to a lot of crocheters, so yay?  I wonder how many knookers ended up picking up needles eventually.