O'Go yarn

NCcountrygal

I bet retailers are going to HATE this stuff, it is the same yardage (and price, which surprises me) as a 'normal' skein but takes up more the room on a shelf.  And the ability to break off different colors, or presumably chunks of the same color, is not a plus to me--more ends to weave on a solid color thing.

My guess is, this isn't going to last long.  The old skein format has been working fine for a few generations.

40 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

I bet retailers are going to HATE this stuff, it is the same yardage (and price, which surprises me) as a 'normal' skein but takes up more the room on a shelf.  And the ability to break off different colors, or presumably chunks of the same color, is not a plus to me--more ends to weave on a solid color thing.

My guess is, this isn't going to last long.  The old skein format has been working fine for a few generations.

I agree. Doesn’t appeal to me. Guess they felt desperate to bring forward something new. 🙂

3 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

I agree. Doesn’t appeal to me. Guess they felt desperate to bring forward something new. 🙂

The Yarnspirations mittens by Repeat Crafter Me are very cute. I prefer to use a wool mix for mittens for better warmth. Acrylic or cotton mittens never did the job for me to keep the hands warm in cold country.

A me too here. The local Walmart does not have any O'Go in stock (no local craft stores here either). Seems like extra work. I'd just as soon buy individual skeins.

2 hours ago, ReniC said:

The Yarnspirations mittens by Repeat Crafter Me are very cute. I prefer to use a wool mix for mittens for better warmth. Acrylic or cotton mittens never did the job for me to keep the hands warm in cold country.

A me too here. The local Walmart does not have any O'Go in stock (no local craft stores here either). Seems like extra work. I'd just as soon buy individual skeins.

I have some really nice mitten patterns with several style designs, including snowflake.  Haven't taken the time to make them, plus didn't feel up to it.  I think they are fingering yarn patterns.  Planned on using sock yarn.  Merino wool/nylon yarn.  I have made lots of acrylic yarn mittens for toddlers and young children.  

19 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

I have some really nice mitten patterns with several style designs, including snowflake.  Haven't taken the time to make them, plus didn't feel up to it.  I think they are fingering yarn patterns.  Planned on using sock yarn.  Merino wool/nylon yarn.  I have made lots of acrylic yarn mittens for toddlers and young children.  

I too have some sock yarn I bought some years ago and never did make the socks. The yarn was very in expensive.I think I bought it at Big Lots back when they used to carry yarn at the local store. Now that I think about it, I wonder if there's enough to make a sweater or poncho. Guess I'll have to go look.