Bogus Etsy Patterns

I purchased a pattern, pictured as attached. 

The whole time I was making it, I felt the pattern wasn’t matching the picture, but it was close enough. Then I got to the white brim around the hat, and the instruction was 6 rows of single crochet.

is there any way the brim in that picture is 6 rows of SC?

8D04230E-E8D7-4BF0-87A0-6AF06F9FA372.jpeg

I can see 5 rows with at least one rolled to inside.  Also looks like stitches are maybe made between the posts and not the top of the stitch.  Cant really tell.  So is this made from the top down in red then the last 6 rows in white and then the white is folded back up?

Since you paid for the pattern you should really contact the designer with any questions you might have as to why yours isnt working out as pictured.  If I was very unhappy I would be leaving negative feedback so others might think twice before purchasing it.

Little hard to tell on the red part because of the angle, but the red looks likely to be SC; however the brim looks like popcorn stitches to me.  Possibly on the order of: popcorn, chain 1 or 2, repeat; next row is popcorn over the chain space in the row below (or puff stitches or bobbles, whichever you prefer).  Which would make sense, a flat SC for the 'velvet' red part, and a textured stitch to simulate fur for the brim.  edit, bobble or cluster stitch would have a similar look if you like them better than popcorns, this pattern uses bobbles but spaces them out (does not nestle them as I suggested).

Bgs' observation about the brim being 'rolled to the inside' is interesting, that would make it thicker (more fur-like?) so makes sense.

Edited by Granny Square